IKON - MSH - COMPASS TRACX - How to Make Bluetooth Module!

wolfman76

Cool westy always love your tutorial real easy to follow I am going to recheck my mshbrain ht now maybe I had sumthin. Wrong

Tony

Staff member
There is a writeup on here somewhere about how to do this, Not sure where though...

Ken Jackson

China is shut down for Spring Festival, so mine will take a while, I have to wait. GO Nitro is selling the same board for $29.99 their crazy!

- - - Updated - - -

Not going to deal with my IKON and have to use a USB cable. Its hard enough getting the optimal position for the Gyro as well as routing the servo wires. I haven't looked at my IKON since last spring but I do remember what a pain plugging into it could be.

Good timing on your post Westy!

Thanks,
Ken

Westy

LEGEND
I actually modded the setup I used .... and just cut the wires off the mini JSB and soldered directly to the BT board ... and cut off the 90 degree header .... turned out really nice and short!

Ken Jackson

According to the IKON directions you have to plug the bluetooth directly into the PC to set the name and pin before it will work. Can it be plugged into the IKON and then the IKON into the PC USB? otherwise I have no way to connect directly to the PC????

Ken

IMG_8859.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

By the way Westy I pulled the pins to rearrange my pins to be color coded but when I put them back in they wouldn't stay so I just used a new one and made sure I wired them correctly, colors on the gyro end are wrong by your video.

IMG_8859.jpg

Westy

LEGEND
hey there.... now sure what you mean .... usually the Bluetooth module will come with a pin anyway ..... you simply bind to it with your PC or Android and you put your pin in ... and rename it on you PC if you want..... usually pin is 1234 or 0000

hope that gets you going. .... you may have to research your Bluetooth module and find what your pin # is.

Cheers.....

- - - Updated - - -

Heres the write up Make your own IKON Bluetooth connection for about $11 each
But i prefer video. Great job Westy.

Cheers Lee!

- - - Updated - - -

By the way Westy I pulled the pins to rearrange my pins to be color coded but when I put them back in they wouldn't stay so I just used a new one and made sure I wired them correctly, colors on the gyro end are wrong by your video.

that happened to me .... it was simply the pins I was trying to put in were upside down .... try turning them around and you should be good to go ...

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
Oh well, it will have to be right when I take her our to the field!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh well, it will have to be right when I take her out to the field!

Ken Jackson

I built mine before I realized my laptop had a bluetooth symbol but didn't have the bluetooth inside. Oh well. I have an iPhone, no app available but I am getting a droid next week.

Ken

- - - Updated - - -

Not just for the app, I already plugged in and finished my setup.

wolfman76

I just fixed my mother in laws ibook g4 after it sat dorment for 13 years wouldn't turn on. Fixed it in less then 5 minutes. ..lol I love my HP'S for 3 oldest is my desktop pavillion 750n 14 going on 15 still running strong. .

Lee

I built mine before I realized my laptop had a bluetooth symbol but didn't have the bluetooth inside. Oh well. I have an iPhone, no app available but I am getting a droid next week.

Ken

- - - Updated - - -

Not just for the app, I already plugged in and finished my setup.

Same here Ken. I have an iPhone. Getting an Android in two weeks once i get back to Spain.

Top Bottom