FBL Gyro IKON Mode setting

Ken Jackson

I finally gave up switching flying modes. I used to take off in sport mode but always seemed to forget to switch it up. 3D mode is OK but if I'm doing my thing I set it at Extreme 3D. But from now on its going to stay at Extreme 3D cause whats the advantage of anything else, lol

Ken

pvolcko

Extreme 3D is just a bit too much for my liking. Somewhere between 3D and Extreme is where I normally have my main flight mode rates set. That said, I usually take off in a sport type mode and switch after a hover and a flip or two to make sure everything is good, at least on the first flight of the day with a given heli.

What I have begun doing is eliminating "normal" pitch curves from my setups. Linear "idle up" type curves for all flight mode settings now. One, because it is kind of nice to be able to pull some smooth 3D at a lower head speed. Two, I had gotten in the habit of landing in idle up 1 at the very least anyway, and I always was in the habit of bringing collective up to just below 0 pitch on spin up anyway, so why not standardize on one pitch curve to avoid mistakes in the future?

Lee

I have all banks set to 3D Extreme.

I have the same curves as you Paul. Startup sequence is throttle hold on,
plug heli in, move throttle to midstick, switch off throttle hold, Fly :D Throttle hold to land.

treff

I fly with linear pitch and 90% across the board on all banks and sport mode. What I do not like about this is that going into IU1 or IU2 there
is no difference to the sound of the heli motor. I try to do a small auto at the end of the flight by turning the motor off about 2 feet
from the floor and the heli comes down nice and gentle using pitch. The strangest feeling is when you put the heli in auto level in the hover.
It just sits there even with strongish breeze blowing, it doesn't wander left or right, back or forwards but it just feels so strange to
let the electronics take over.

Last edited:

Ken Jackson

I fly a standard pitch curve. My idol up is 88, 87, 86, 87, 88. I found that I was doing 3D stuff in sport mode and wondering why it seemed so slow. Just too much to think about changing it I guess. I only land in idol up. Auto landing is cool but with a 500 not so sure I want to go there. Plus how many landing skids do you go through to become proficient at it. If you auto to land awesome, it is the preferred method.

Paul not sure I understand what your pitch curves are? I'm still using 0, 25, 50, 75, 100

Ken

Last edited:

treff

What I should have explained better was on landing put the heli in to self levelling then turn off the motor then all you have to
worry about is getting the pitch right. Nice soft landing every time.

cml001

Funny how we all kinda do a different thing... I use throttle hold on powering up the bird... Upon releasing the hold.. It's idle 1, 2, or 3 depending on my switch position(switch "B").. No normal.. I use only 2 banks.. 3d & 3d w self level(setting advanced selections between 3d & 3d extreme). Set to the "A" switch(2 position switch).. Been loving iKon.. Until today when the USB connector broke.

Top Bottom