General iKON Gyro setting on Tx

totoheat

Hello Guys

I have set iKON to my Trex 550E with a DX8 Tx

am confuse setting the Gyro gain on it :help:

Before iKON i was using 3GX and Gyro was set on Tx on FM switch activate it with a different value for N,St1 and St2

Now I have set the Gyro on iKON as per manual indicate and shows a Tx value 57% and Software 45%, should i set this 57% value on Tx for N St1 St2 and H? sorry if this looks like dumb question is just am confuse in how to adjust tail for each speed :scratchchin:

i understand that i can adjust sensitivity of Gyro for each Bank mode on Advanced menu but like i say before how this related to each MR speed?

All help very much appreciated

pvolcko

In the ikon setup app go to screen 4 (transmitter setup). The "gain" slider is your tail gyro channel. MAke sure your Tx is setup such that when you flip your gyro switch it changes the value shown and the slider position. I'd setup your gyro switch settings to have a gain of -100 0 and 100 for this setup step. That way you can make sure those values correspond to the gain slider -100 0 and 100 positions in the app. If they do not, then adjust servo travel and reverse settings in your transmitter for that channel as necessary in order to get things matched up.

Next, on screen 8 (Tail Setup) make sure the "Is set in software" checkbox is *not* checked. This will mean your transmitter gyro setting, based on switch position, will be used by the ikon for tail gain setting.

IT is up to you what switch you have controlling your gyro channel. I prefer to have it on a separate switch from my flight mode switch. Others like to have their flight mode switch also control their gyro channel setting. Entirely up to you.

Similarly you can have flight mode and bank selection done by separate switches or the same switch. You can have one switch control all three if you want. All personal preference. My preference is to have flight mode, bank selection, and gyro setting on three separate switches (and Tx D/R for Ele/Ail/Rud on yet a fourth switch). This allows me a great deal of flexibility during tuning things in and while in flight. I always think I'm about to consolidate things down to one or two switches, but I inevitably end up crashing or discovering something else I want to tweak and end up keeping it on separate switches. :)

totoheat

Paul

I have now Gain on Tx and now I have Bank Style on Aux2 switch ,FM/Gyro on FM switch but in Gain slider there is a difference of +5% ahead on Tx values I mean when I see 0% in Tx there is +5% on slider and change between them its uneven I mean two some times tree clics on Tx Ch Travel one digit change on iKON slider

See values on Servo Travel for Gyro

Tx iKON
+100-100 = +62
+150-150 = +93
0 = +5

I understand what you refer match the Slider values to Tx like I did when I set up the other channels on step 8 but trying to adjust travel and only goes from 0 up to +150

I may doing something wrong here :nervous:, sorry about that

Lee

I found when setting the Gyro gain as per the manual, where you need to see 45% in the software, the gain was about 10% too high.
So your 57% may need to come down to 47% to stop tail wag.
I have my tail gain mixed to the Flight mode switch.
For my warp this is how I have my gains.
Norm 27%
ST 1 25%
ST 2 23%
So as my Headspeed is increased on each F mode the gain sensitivity is reduced.

So for you it may be something like this.
Norm 47%
ST 1 45%
ST 2 42%

totoheat

Lee

This method is using the Gain with iKON software stir on Tx? if so means that I would have in Tx FM Sw as follows:

N 47
St1 45
St2 42

Could you tell me how to mix the Tail Gain to FM on Tx

what I don't understand is how Gain work with different speeds values on FM when you use the software having only one value 45% as now I have Tail wag in N and I don't know how to adjust it individually for that speed

totoheat

Lee

I found that I have also Tail Gain mixed to FMode switch so when I hit N St1 St2 it also change the Gyro gain

I have done as per manual said on step 8 I checked box "is set in software" so actually so if I modify actual value on Tx from 57% to 47% obviously on software is going to show lower value

so when I hit FM switch Gain values above where going to be effective for each position as per below?

Tx
Norm 47%
ST 1 45%
ST 2 42%

means that value of 45% on software its a starting point and can be adjusted ?

this is where I got :confused1:

totoheat

Paul

Thanks for your help guiding me to understand how Gain works on iKON

am sure I would be back with more doubts

Angel

- - - Updated - - -

Lee

Understood, thanks for the clarification tonight I would set Gain and Waite for good weather to test on field,Thanks

Top Bottom