FBL Gyro Ikon FC!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I'm looking for a review on the Ikon FC. Lee I know your using one. How about a review on it? Anyone other than Lee using one? I'm thinking of buying one for my secret project! LOL! I need info Please! Thank you. Sam.

Lee

Sam I will let you know once i have had a few days flying on it. Want to test the bail out system. But as a first impression, this unit is awesome. Super simple to set up. If you can read, you can set it up. It takes you right from the beginning even tell you where to plug in your servos depending on what RX you're using. Even easier than the BeastX, and that was easy. My Warp is rock solid with out even having to adjust anything except the tail gain sensitivity.
Highly recommend it so far.

Last edited:

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Cool. Like I said. Depends on how the NAZA works out. But I'm so far leaning towards not using NAZA on the new project cause of the problem setting it up. Who knows now that I hope you solved the set up problem on the NAZA, I may use it after all. But I like the auto level feature on the ikon. And that would be half the cost of a NAZA GPS anyway! With the ikon you need an rx? I thought it just uses two satellites like the 3 gx uses.

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
The two satellites are the rx's when using 7+ channel transmitter

Same with the ikon / msh brain. :)

I am gonna be running two satellites on my 700 too. :)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
DSMX Remote Receiver (SPM9645): Spektrum - The Leader in Spread Spectrum Technology

This is one satellite....

Seen this with a ar6210? Like this:

AR6210 6-Channel DSMX Receiver (SPMAR6210): Spektrum - The Leader in Spread Spectrum Technology

So that's a satellite connected to a full reciever. With 3GX and ikon fbl

You can eliminate that ar6210 hardware and have that satellite (first link) connectors straight to the flybarless controller.. One or two of them depending on the size of the bird ...and in this case EACH satellite then acts as a reciever for your radio...

Westy

LEGEND
oh? ...... Ok ... I thought you were meaning on of those..... I have some questions on this to clarify my understanding or lack there of ... Lol .

I have an AR7000 with a satellite on my Flybarred Trex 600 ESP.

I have ordered a new 3Gx system and a DFC head with DFC swash PLate.

Are you saying that I can take out the AR7000 and have no receiver at all and use the 2 satelites I have (one was on my AR 6200)

SO the only brain on the heli is the 3Gx? no Receiver at all?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Correct.. :)

3gx with just the two satellites will work like a beauty.

Rx is not a brain it's just a decoder of sorts.. :) which your satellites can do too..

Don't know if you are familiar with RAKE receivers.. The satellite is a full rx minus the ports acting as a RAKE rx for your "ar6200" or 7000 or whatever. :)

Anywaz .. Don't confuse yourself with this if it didn't make sense.. Just know that what you said will work :)

Westy

LEGEND
awesome!!!!!

thanks you just made my day..... Here I was thinking "OH GREAT" now I have to jam another jungle of wires into the heli - Excellent .... got it thanks!

Lee

If you look at my Warp thread Westy, you'll see no receiver just the IKON. As a small model it only needed one Satellite receiver which is stuck under the tail boom clamp. Having two is necessary on your 600 so the signal doesn't get blocked by the frame. So one on the right and one on the left with a 90º difference in angle to widen the signal.

Westy

LEGEND
Nice .... so run one with the aerial vertical on one side and horizontal on the other? is that what you mean?

oh ... you should set up a link to your build of the Warp in your sig! :)

Last edited:

Lee

Yes thats right.
I wanted to put links to the Warp, but my sig is at its allowable limit. I can't add any other tags :(

Westy

LEGEND
Ah well .... its the thought that counts .... Just been looking back over your Warp built .... I must say it really is a nice heli!

I wish I had a mill drill ... I would build my own custom heli from scratch. Got all the Fibre glassing gear so would just need to get some Carbon fibre double twill cloth .

what was the total build cost on the Warp? and how long to assemble and setup?

Top Bottom