FBL Gyro Ikon Fbl

What could prevent my 3 cyclic cervos from working?
Had a 3GX on a Trex 450 with that problem so installed an Ikon unit and same problem, the motor run, the tail cervo works well but no cyclic cervos at all and they are well connected???
I must be missing something.
Any suggestions welcome.
I did installed an Ikon2 on a 500 heli and it works just fine, (need to test flight).

Admiral

With two separate FBL units giving the same result, it must be in the cabling of the helicopter or the transmitter.

Check that the cyclic servos are plugged in correctly, ie. signal wire to the top.
Unplug the tail servos from SRV4 and plug it into SVR 1,2, or 3 and see if it works OK
Create a new model on the Tx and re-bind and do the setup again.

Let us know how you go.

With two separate FBL units giving the same result, it must be in the cabling of the helicopter or the transmitter.

Check that the cyclic servos are plugged in correctly, ie. signal wire to the top.
Unplug the tail servos from SRV4 and plug it into SVR 1,2, or 3 and see if it works OK
Create a new model on the Tx and re-bind and do the setup again.

Let us know how you go.
Already done that without success.

murankar

Staff member
Do we know if the servos work at all? Have you tested all three of them?

Since this problem carried over, as admerial stated, it's either the program in the radio or it's the servos.

If it's the servos the only thing i can think of is the wires got cut by the carbon fiber and shorted out the servos. Carbon fiber is conductive. any kind of current will carry though the air frame.

If it's the radio there could be any number if issues. we can dismiss any mechanical issues because your 500 works. So narrows it down to the individual program for that heli.

If this were me I this situation I would take the known working ikon2 and put it on the 450. Dont change the program, leave it. All we want to do is ensure that it's not the FBL. All you would need to do is hook up the cyclics and motor and then power on.

Another thing to look at, do the servos jump while initializing the FBL. Almost all FBL units will actuate the servos during its boot process. If the servos are not jumping during this phase then that tells me it's the servos. All though something could be amiss in the FBL.

Without working on it myself that's all i got for ya.

Do we know if the servos work at all? Have you tested all three of them?

Since this problem carried over, as admerial stated, it's either the program in the radio or it's the servos.

If it's the servos the only thing i can think of is the wires got cut by the carbon fiber and shorted out the servos. Carbon fiber is conductive. any kind of current will carry though the air frame.

If it's the radio there could be any number if issues. we can dismiss any mechanical issues because your 500 works. So narrows it down to the individual program for that heli.

If this were me I this situation I would take the known working ikon2 and put it on the 450. Dont change the program, leave it. All we want to do is ensure that it's not the FBL. All you would need to do is hook up the cyclics and motor and then power on.

Another thing to look at, do the servos jump while initializing the FBL. Almost all FBL units will actuate the servos during its boot process. If the servos are not jumping during this phase then that tells me it's the servos. All though something could be amiss in the FBL.

Without working on it myself that's all i got for ya.

I did try a few things, i created another model in my DX-9 and using a spare receiver, i knew the Ikon was not causing all this, the 3 cyclic servos don't jump at all but if i connect a cheap servo i have , than it work. The 3 servos are faulty but what i don't know what happened, i mean 3 in one shot???

murankar

Staff member
Yes it's possible. You old FBL is probably faulty also. Check the servo cables, make sure they are not pinched. My guess is that they got pinched or they burned out do to bad settings in the fbl.

There could have been binding in your setup which over worked the servos and burned them out. Who knows. I burned out a BK 3000 series servo because I was not paying attention. Anything is possible. What matters is that we now know it's the servos.

Yes it's possible. You old FBL is probably faulty also. Check the servo cables, make sure they are not pinched. My guess is that they got pinched or they burned out do to bad settings in the fbl.

There could have been binding in your setup which over worked the servos and burned them out. Who knows. I burned out a BK 3000 series servo because I was not paying attention. Anything is possible. What matters is that we now know it's the servos.
Indeed!
Thanks for helping and have a nice day!

murankar

Staff member
If your looking or wondering KST makes a killer affordable servo for that size heli. I cant remember the model right off the top of my head. It competes with the BK 3000 series servo and half the cost.

Top Bottom