General Ikon Fail safe option

totoheat

Hello all

Am now ready to test the 550E with iKON configured but really I wont do it until I set fail safe for this bird

I look into the iKON software but there is no option for this setting:scratchchin: , by any chance somebody has done it ? am using DSMX sat and DX8

all help appreciated

Angel

stokke

Isn't the fail safe set when you bind the Tx to the Ikon?

You can test it easily enough. Just take off the main and tail blades, spool her up on the floor and turn off your Tx. If the fail safe is set correctly, the heli should stop it's motor.

totoheat

ok I understand that,just wondering if there is a way to set FS with pre set position ?

I just to have 3GX and you were able to doit there

if I understand correct if motor turns off and blades are with +pitch rotor is going to stop and heli will fall as a rock

it came to mind that if I re do bind and set Normal pich curve to have -2 dgrs pitch at bottom this may help blades keep spinning and softener the fall?

but am not sure if it could be bound under those settings or if actually would work that way in case of lost of signal

Angel

pvolcko

I think Marius is right on this. When you bind you put the controls in your desired failsafe positions. Personally I'd use throttle hold, collective at just a bit below mid stick, and center yaw and cyclic. This should give you a failsafe of no throttle and a nice auto rotation descent. Might even keep it in the air long enough for Rx/Tx to resync and recover (can dream). It will glide a bit, but it has half a shot at landing relatively softly. If you use no throttle and full negative pitch it will dive to the ground fast (or if inverted stall the blades and plummet).

Lee

Yep.
Set your sticks and switches to desired positions, and bind as you would do any other DSMX RX.
If your Self level is working well, you could set your switch to the self level Pos, then bind.
Then if you lose signal, the heli will descend but keep it upright. Could save some damage.

totoheat

I have done the Bind as low low Th stick and tried last night and it didn't work as when I turn off Tx no change occur

Am going to bind again now as did it before on 3GX with pre-set position and try if it works I let you know

Angel

totoheat

Lee

I could not get iKON to set failsafe as is suppose what it does is when Tx is turn off it just cut power but servos keep their last position

I have tried as when you set it on Spektrum Rx but the iKON it don't care!!

Am using 2 DSMX Rx and I follow below procedure for FS

Bind plug in Rx bind port
Turn on Rx
Remove Bind plug
Turn Tx on holding Bind button and stick and switch on desired position
Release bind button after bind

and nothing it just go true turn on initialization of the Tx and Rx

Am sure am doing something wrong

all help welcome

Angel

totoheat

I do it again with out removing bind plug until bound completes but still same result when I turn off Tx motor stops(TH) but servos keep last command

I do not know what is that am doing wrong !!

any ideas?

Angel

pvolcko

Hmm... I don't know if I've every really checked to see if my ikon setups execute a fail safe position on Tx powerdown. I thought I checked it on the first one I did a year or more ago, but don't think I every really checked on the others I've done since then.

I'll check mine out to see what happens. Just so happens my gob 500 went in for a hard auto-rotation landing so when the new skids and brackets show up I'll be taking blades off and can test it out then.

Top Bottom