FBL Gyro Ikon confusing me

Hi guys,
Spent a few hours on Sunday trying to get things sorted on the old man's helicopter, and now Ikon has confused the hell out of me. I haven't yet configured the esc, should I look at doing that before going on and doing more of the set up?

Assuming that I don't need to play with the esc, I get to the point where the software tells me to get to -100 - +100, problem is that the channels don't seem to be picking up correctly in the ikon. I have a mode 2 set up, and pitch/throttle is showing up on my right stick, and a few other things just don't seem to add up.
I'm really confused.
Is the ikon set up to Futaba standards, so when using spektrum satellite Rx's throttle is not the throttle port?
At the moment I'm using a 9xr, but next time I'm heading over there i'll take my DX8 to see if that works better, but some help would be nice as I'm really lost right now

danhampson

you should set up and calibrate the esc before you do the ikon setup, because within the ikon setup there is a section where you tell the ikon the throttle min and max end points, you will not notice anything untill you come to setup the gov and strange things like the esc not arming or the gov not engaging the correct speed or not engaging at all.

pvolcko

I'm sorry I don't have any experience with Futaba setups on the Ikon (or otherwise, for that matter). If you run into issues with the DX8 let us know and I'll try to help out there.

You apparently got the Futuba reciever bound and talking properly, at least. You selected it in the second screen? Make sure no servos are hooked up until you complete step 5.

From the sounds of it you are having issues on step 4. Pitch and throttle are working properly, right? Rudder? Elevator? Aileron? In what way is it not making sense?

murankar

Staff member
I have nit setup an ikon before. I do know some gyros want radio mixing turned off. If t his is the case with the ikon then make sure that your radio is set to single servo. I think futaba uses a 120° 3 servo default for radio mixing.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Lee

The Throttle port is marked clearly on the Ikon.
Do you have the swash set to 90º one servo norm?
Take a picture to show us more clearly what your wiring is and maybe some of the menus on the radio.

Thanks guys. Sorry I think I was a bit misleading, but Lee has answered my question. The unit is with the old man.
I'm trying to set it up with dsmx rx n matching TX module.
I'm going to do some more reading, then start from scratch, from setting up the esc to working thru the ikon.
I'm sure either myself or the old man has missed something simple.

I did end up going the yep120lv esc which has a built in esc, so only plugging esc into throttle port. That should be right shouldn't it?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I should say I've only gotten to the point where I'm meant to set the TX endpoints with the ikon. When I move throttle/pitch nothing happens. The sticks aren't matching the sliders they are supposed to, admittedly this was done with servos connected

Top Bottom