FBL Gyro ikon/brain tic toc fast tail wag

danhampson

I took the protos to the field today to try out my new batteries after my first pack (old one) I put the new, lighter pack on and started with a few fast curcuits, flips, rolls, loops and hard pitch pumps (changing from pos to neg and back). All was looking good and feeling better than ever.

I thought that I would try some tic toc's and am getting a fast tail wag after the bounce, I've not had this problem before but I was flying the bird harder than ever.

I'm thinking that it is maybe pitch snd/or cyclic pre comp gain issue and would like your thoughts on the subject.

pvolcko

Yeah, agreed, bump your tail gain down a bit and see if it goes away. Next, if you're running a governor, maybe try lowering that gain a bit (can have wagging effects on the tail). IF those both do nothing and feel otherwise locked in, then look into pre-comp settings. First pitch/collective pre-comp and then cyclic (unless you actually know how to do a good tic toc, light on the collective use, in which case cyclic may be the one to start with :) ).

danhampson

unless you actually know how to do a good tic toc, light on the collective use, in which case cyclic may be the one to start with :) ).

Lol my tic tocs are not very good, and with the tail the way it is I can tic but there no chance of a toc.

The weather is looking pretty good for a after work flight so I'll lower the gain a bit and see what happens and report back. I'm glad I install Bluetooth on it now.

danhampson

sorted the tail wag out dropped the p gain 3 points. tails was holding really well and then i put her in. parts are ordered and should be with me tomorrow time for some wrenching again.

danhampson

its not too bad lee, ive been meaning to re-stretch her for a while and this was the perfect excuse. i just cant decide which canopy to get, classic orange, black and white or the red carbon scheme.

Top Bottom