FBL Gyro Ikon Bail out test

Lee

Got to test the bail out today on my Warp 360 with Ikon.
All i can say is WOW!!! This will save you from many a potential crash. Tested it from an inverted hover, flipped the switch and Bang! Slicker than snot, it was upright and stable. The only thing you need to remember if you are inverted at the time of flicking the switch, is to give positive pitch.
Video will be up in 15mins.

Lee

It would have been if i didn't put it 1 million ft up in the air just in case. LOL :D

Lee

Not really Sam. I could have had it 10ft off the ground and still saved it. I just wanted height for the first goes.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I was hoping someone would use the feature.. and post how they like it. :D

They even added support so you can run 6channel TX straight to the IKON now.. I love thir stuff

there already is something out for bluetooth connectivity to the IKON. Love this Gyro!!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Question: Did the Auto level function not do that? And do I have to set level for it still .. ?

---EDIT---

If I am thinking right.. This function came in built into the Ikon before. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Bailout was just introduced in Ikon FBL in yesterday's software upgrade that came in, and I think ( THINK) it refers to the ESC auto rotation bail out.. where there isnt any soft start if you wanna bail out from an auto..

So if thats the case: this is autolevel and yes this is an amazing feature. I know you already tested this right side up where it was like a Quad you said. Did you have to do any other settings for it?

Last edited:

Westy

LEGEND
I KNOW NOTHING !!! :) - That is soooo cool!

Lee ... so can you show us with switch and power at the same time ... I want to see her climb out from low altitude :barbershop_quartet_

pvolcko

How does this work? Do you just setup one of the profiles in the ikon with auto level enabled, so it is treated like any other flight mode (such as switching between a sport and a hardcore 3D setting)? Or is it on an independent switch and available on whatever flight mode you're currently in?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
How does this work? Do you just setup one of the profiles in the ikon with auto level enabled, so it is treated like any other flight mode (such as switching between a sport and a hardcore 3D setting)? Or is it on an independent switch and available on whatever flight mode you're currently in?

It ties into one of the flight modes (banks) .. Seperate from normal and idle up and all. These are more setting banks.. . You get three

Setting up is easy

1) if your heli is level .. Like bubble level zero on all axis

2) heli is vibration free

If so it's a matter of hitting a set level button and checking auto level in flight modes when setting up on software

Ikon is extremely easy in every way .

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Last edited:

Lee

Bail out is what they call auto level. I have my Trainer switch set to Hardcore 3D and Hardcore 3D with auto level. So i fly in the first setting and if i run into trouble i can flip to the other, no matter what attitude the heli is in. It will become more important than the throttle hold switch.

xokia

Couple questions
why did it drop so far was it trying to reach a preprogrammed elevation?
Why did you have to give it positive pitch does the gyro not figure this out on its own during bail out?

I'm thinking of picking up a 700 and a gyro with bail out will be an important feature I will be shopping for.

Westy

LEGEND
from the looks of your vid .... sounds like you might wantto change the switch ... I heard you flick on ID2 by mistake .... .... which will only cost more !
:)

Tony

Staff member
NOW DAMMIT LEE!!!!!!!!! Your making me want this gyro more than I did before lmao. Might need it on the 600.

Lee

Couple questions
why did it drop so far was it trying to reach a preprogrammed elevation?
Why did you have to give it positive pitch does the gyro not figure this out on its own during bail out?

I'm thinking of picking up a 700 and a gyro with bail out will be an important feature I will be shopping for.

It dropped because i didn't touch the sticks when i flipped the switch, so i could see how it reacted. Being inverted i was in negative pitch, so when it flipped over, this would cause it to fall. Thats why i said the only thing you need to remember if you are inverted, is to give positive pitch. The gyro doesn't control altitude only the stability.

from the looks of your vid .... sounds like you might wantto change the switch ... I heard you flick on ID2 by mistake .... .... which will only cost more !
:)

i did it once, i'll never do it again. :D just a new thing to remember.

Top Bottom