FBL Gyro IKon auto level and or bailout

bbj

I have setup my iKon with gov in all 3 banks which operate with the switch E on my DX9. My flight modes which operate with switch B are N-40,40,40,40,40, IU1-70,70,70,70,70 and IU2-100,100,100,100,100. The RPM's are gov1 at 2100, gov2 at 2200 and gov3 at 2300. I want to use autolevel and am thinking of also using governor with bailout. From some info I found I set up a mix to use my hold switch with throttle that will only operate in hold mode and not in either N, 1 or 2. When I flip my Hold it reduces rpm to a set amount which I can set and if flipped back off will increase rpm quickly. I have tagged Governor with Bailout and Autolevel in bank 3. From what I read if I switch to bank 3 I have armed my bailout and it will be active when I hit my hold switch.

The question is if I put my switch to bank 3 with Gov with Bailout and also Autolevel will it try to autolevel prior to my hitting the hold switch? Next question is what is the difference between Governor with Bailout and Autolevel? I think autolevel is just place the heli into the position I used the set button with the heli perfectly level and that bailout is just reduce the rpm's. Is this correct?

img.jpg

img.jpg

Tony

Staff member
I think this will set it to where when you hit position 2 on teh switch (bank 3), it will keep the governor on, turn on the bailout as well as kick in the auto level. I'm not sure I would want all of those on the same bank. My thoughts on auto level is put it on something that has soft throws. That way when you have to hit auto level, your heart is already going to be racing from trying to save a crash, and you will more than likely be stick banging to get it back under control. Reduced throws will keep it from slamming into the ground.

Tony

Staff member
When you hit it, no matter what orientation the helicopter is in, it will flip right side up so you can get a handle on it. It will not face the tail towards you, but it will auto level so that you can spin the tail around and gain control.

Top Bottom