1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

ESC Ikon And Castle Governor End Limits

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by dazacx2, Dec 27, 2018.

< Anodizing Parts | Im Having Issues With My New Rc Truck Its A Blx 18s Notorious By Arrma. >
  1. dazacx2

dazacx2 Member

Blog Posts:
    Hello all,
    I am setting up a governor on my castle ice2 HV 80 for an align 600.
    I would normally run what i call a poor man governor by adjusting throttle curve to flat 85 idle up 2 and idle up 2 flat line 95, seems to work ok

I have been told less stress on the motor and batteries if i use the governor in the castle.
    My question is do i need to set the ikon on page 5 transmitter set up with the throttle at 0 to 100 on the travel adjustments?
    Do i need to set the endpoints on the castle esc? a few videos say you need to wind the travel on throttle down to zero the wind up until beeps occur while at full stick then the same for the zero endpoint.
    this defeats the purpose of setup on page 5 of 0 to 100.

I have set my speeds to

Thanks
    Daza

2. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    Page 5 is setting your Tx up to the gyro, do this step first. Once you have page 5 done, then calibrate your ESC to your Tx. From there you should be able to setup your governor per the ESC's user manual without issue. Just make sure you have a linear throttle curve when you are doing all of this.

3. dazacx2

dazacx2 Member

Blog Posts:

4. dazacx2

dazacx2 Member

Blog Posts:
    Cheers Tony, have set it up, test fly tommorrow .
    Fingers crossed.

5. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    Nice! Let us know how it goes.

6. dazacx2

dazacx2 Member

Blog Posts:
    Well it flew in a hover and a few left and rights but not happy with the RPM way to low on all 3 settings
    Going to try 2000, 2100, 2200 see how those speeds go.
    What i did do was set the ikon as normal, then went into transmitter and lowered the throttle settings to 0 and went into castle esc and went through that set up and set end points by throttle stick high wound up throttle setting in servo section until it beeped a couple of times then turned of esc put throttle down on tx and turned esc back on and wound up throttle in servo setting again until it beeped this set the end points, i then went back into esc and set gov mode with teeth count on main gear and motor gear and put in 1800 -53%,1900- 56% ,2000-63%(to Low) , i will now reset again and check it all and set the higher speed as above.

See what happens tomorrow again.
    Daza

7. murankar

murankar Moderator Staff Member Armed Forces

Blog Posts:
    Soldier
    If you find that the esc gov doesn't work like you want try the ikon governor. You may not see the negative issues with the esc governor, depending on your flying style.

The esc governor Somerville the head to be quickly loaded, unloaded then reloaded again. This has been known to cause a kick in the tail. Other folks have not been able to get the governor dialed in.

Again you may not notice this stuff. For some these issues are like picking fly poo from pepper. Very trivial in most cases.

8. dazacx2

dazacx2 Member

Blog Posts:
    Yes I considered it but don't have a rpm sensor so went to the esc settings

9. murankar

Blog Posts:
    Soldier
    I wasn't sure how ikon works. Does your esc have the fourth wire, its white? If so that's your rpm sensor.

10. dazacx2

dazacx2 Member

Blog Posts:
    no there is no extra wire on mine.

11. murankar

Blog Posts:
    Soldier
    Castle released a limited number of escs with that extra wire. I don't remember right off hand which models had it, that's why i asked.

12. dazacx2

dazacx2 Member

Blog Posts:
    Well after plenty of time setting and resetting i must say i cant get used to the governor setting and have turned the esc back to fixed point and now running throttle curve on mode 1 0 to 60 flat ,, mode 2 92 flat line and 100 on mode 3 , much better response and head speed seems to be what i am used gives me more pleasure, and that what its all about enjoying the flying.

Thanks for all your help once again always good to get some positive assistance from fellow flyers.
    It might be just me but having a administrator and moderator also assisting gives me great confidence in the web site.
    Not to mention all the other members that assist are great as well.

Daza

13. murankar

Blog Posts:
    Soldier
    You have to take the time to tune the gains. If you lacked the response then the gain needs to go higher. With higher gains it will hold the setpoint harder. With that comes negative side effects you have to tune out.

I.suggest not using Castels governor. Use an internal fbl governor they tend.to be way better.

14. dazacx2

dazacx2 Member

Blog Posts:
    If I come across a rpm sensor I might try again on ikon, but for the moment happy flying the same way I have tuned all my other helis.

< Anodizing Parts | Im Having Issues With My New Rc Truck Its A Blx 18s Notorious By Arrma. >