450 Idle up?

Nikkita

Hi everyone, got a clone 450 and a Flysky fs-i6x radio. (have never owned a helicopter before so my current skill level is pretty much zero at the moment)

Can someone explain the idle mode?
In the assign switches menu I can set "idle mode" (have put it on switch D) and when in the throttle curve menu and I flick down switch D the screen display switches from "normal" to "idle up".

So my questions today are...
What exactly is idle up?
When would it be used?
And if it's needed, what settings would suit a total beginner?
Would I be right in thinking it gives 2 different throttle curve options depending on whether switch is up or down?

I think I've figured out "throttle hold". That's on switch A and is set to zero and working as it should. Absolutely no power going to motor when switch is down and I'm fiddling with the subtrim, swashplate or any of the linkages.
(And apologies if I should have used a different category)

Rackman

hello Nikkita well I hope some of the others were able to answer your question there. as for myself I don't do much inverted flying but just before reaching mid stick on your transmitter is when i have applied the use of idle up because by then your right about 0 pitch but unless your good at what you do i wouldn't advise experimenting with it. maybe if your on your simulator it would help give you that experience. but hey best of Luck and if you poke around on YouTube Tony has some awesome Videos on how you can understand the changes you get into when doing 3D flying .. and if your a beginner fix pitch might be your starting point, but i you into collective now Cool... :arms: :banroll:

Nikkita

Hi Rackman and thanks for the answer, I shall leave the idle well alone then!
To be honest I'm likely to get bored in about 5 minutes with a basic fixed pitch and the way proper helicopters work has always fascinated me even if I didn't totally understand it. So going straight to collective is probably the sensible way for me to stay with it, and actually seeing a swashplate move is helping understand the physics and mechanics of how it all works. As are watching Tony's videos which I've been doing a lot of lately.
(they're brilliant Tony btw even though I have a flysky and you use a spektrum the menus are different but I'm finding what I need to, so thank you for those)
Anyway, I have no intention of getting it too far off the ground and doing much more than a few simple lefts rights ups downs and land it again til I've well and truly got the hang of those. My clone was only a £40 spares/repair off ebay that was complete minus a few screws and ball links. So no great financial loss if a few mechanical parts were to get damaged while I'm learning.

Rackman

So true the old saying if your not crashing at time you not flying..well something like that. Glad I could offer a little advice only wish I were more experienced to add more details to where I was going with the topic..Take my friend & HAPPY FLYING..

Top Bottom