450 Idle up problem

chad

Im sure there is some setting I have wrong, but here is the issue:

I have the 450L dominator with the 3gx and pretty sure i set up all the limits and direction corrections up right as i can hover the heli. the problem occurs when i flip the idle up switch the heli spins out of control and seems to only have positve pitch. I have a futaba 10J transmitter. I also notice in my TX menu when i flip the idle up, my gyro channel reverses. is this normal?

murankar

Staff member
No its not. I would start over with a fresh model. Make sure your switch assignments are correct. It is possible you may have mixed your gyro to ID1 accidentally. Your gyro reverse should not be controlled by the radio just for that reason. The only tail option you should have on a switch is rate and head hold mode and the gains for the tail in the menu somewhere.

chad

I started over and found out that my radio defaults to control channel 5 with that switch so i inhibited it. now if I can just figure out how to assign the throttle to that switch because my menu won't let me scroll down to my throttle channel. thanks futaba

murankar

Staff member
From what i read its a great radio. You are experiencing the first times issues. Once you figure the programming out youll love it.

I am not failure with the radio so i cant tell you how to do it. Any feature can be assigned to any switch.

You will have to read the manual for the radio. It should tell you how to set the radio up. I'll see what i can find.

Also we dont have a lot of futaba users on here. Most of us are on Specktrum. If tou go to the forums on rc heli nation they can help you out. They have a lot of futaba users.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Last edited:

chad

I use spectrum and JR for my land vehicles and decided I wanted to try something different. I like the radio so far and I figured out the assignments and looks like a didn't set my throttle curve to their appropriate values for stunt mode either. now time for a test flight. If it spins out of control in stunt mode, that's a gyro gain issue right?

Thanks for all the help!

Top Bottom