450 Idle up problem with Blade 450 and DX6i

concept30

Hey guys, I use my stunt mode to idle up, i went into my DX6i thro. curves and set it to a flat 80% the pitch curves are flat 0%, when i idle up the swash plate moves. is useing the stunt mode wrong for using it has a idle up? If it is, how do i get it to idle. Thanks in advance

Tony

Staff member
The throttle curve at 80% is fine, but if you are at 0% across the board on the pitch, then you are at full negative the whole time. You need a linear pitch curve (0 25 50 75 100) in any idle up situation. I run nothing but linear pitch curves on ALL settings of my helicopters.

concept30

Ok, I just didnt want my helicopter to shoot up when i go into idle up. So i was right to do the idle up in stunt mode?

Tony

Staff member
Idle up and stunt mode are one in the same. On the Tx, lets say a DX6i, you will have 2 flight modes. Normal, and Idle Up (or Stunt Mode). On the DX8, you will have 3 flight modes (Normal, Idle Up 1, Idle Up 2). Both of the idle up modes are considered "Stunt Mode" since you can go inverted and stay inverted. If you are a pilot like Lee, he has set all 3 of his flight modes to "stunt mode" and the only way he can kill his heli is with throttle hold.

concept30

I seen once that idle up with a higher head speed the heli will be more stable, thats why i went with a flat 80%

Tony

Staff member
You are right, it's more stable, but it's also more responsive. This could be a double edged sword. IMO, for someone that is just starting to get the feel for a ccpm heli, they should start with a throttle curve of 0 40 65 65 65 and a pitch curve of 0 46 48 75 100. When you get better at landing and don't slam the stick down as much, keep the same throttle curve (it's the same one that I use) but put in a linear pitch curve. The 65% is amazingly stable and is not as responsive at 80%. I would use 80 as your IU1 setting.

Top Bottom