General Idle up mode

FF781

I have another question. I have no plans to do 3 d flying but would like to be able to fly in idle up mode for the more stable head speed. Is it possible to set the helicopter up to have idle up with out having the negative pitch on the low end of the stick?

Thanks
Dave

Tony

Staff member
Yup. Just go into your pitch settings and make them the same as your Normal mode. In teh throttle settings, set it at a flat, or a 10% V curve.

pvolcko

100-95-90-95-100, 90-85-80-85-90, etc. 10 point spread between top of V and bottom. As opposed to a flat 95-95-95-95-95 or 85-85-85-85-85.

Derek

an example of what Tony said would be if you have a flat throttle curve of 90,90,90,90,90 but then a 10% V curve of 90,85,80,85,90.

Personally, in Idle Up, I like the flat throttle curve so that I can simply control my helicopter with the Pitch Curve.

Last edited:

Ken Jackson

I only drop slightly on my curves. 92 91 90 91 92. I like a small drop off at center stick. 10 is a big dip. Really depends on what your doing but you said no 3D so I would go with a flat throttle curve and on your pitch I would go 40 50 65 75 100. Gives you just enough negative to get down if you get caught up high with the wind. I have gotten stuck up high before because I had no negative. Had to keep circling and pushing the nose down to over come the strong wind.

Ken

Tony

Staff member
I agree, 10 is a big dip, but if you are slamming the collective, it will add quite a bit of power to the motor to keep from bogging. That is my reasoning for it. I however, just run a flat curve.

Top Bottom