600 Idle pinch test help .. :)

Tony

Staff member
lmao, I always tuned mine by temp. And never did I shut them off by pinching them. I always touched the flywheel to my shoe. But, you should have a smooth idle about 150* and after hard flying, should be running 190-210* with a smooth transition from low to top power. Why are you worried about this now? I thought you had it tuned?

Don't forget, if the humidity changes, you are going to have to retune it. Meaning, you will always be tuning this thing. It's not constant like an electric motor.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yeah I know that. Its pretty humid now. Means I need to run rich. It's tuned almost ... I was just wondering , i have burnt one engine don't want to again. and I am gonna put the governor on.. So wanted to tune this right. And also I wil then have to rebuild the engine of the second bird..

It sounds ok. But I'll richen it a touch just in case.

Turns out the vibe was an awesome deal for what I got in it, but the engine is shot. I have to rebuild that sucka. Looking at about a 100 bucks. But still, 400 for that bird is still worth it. It won't see air anytime soon that's for sure. Lol

Top Bottom