450 Ideal tail blade size

murankar

Staff member
What is the ideal tail blade size for the 450 sized heli? J.C. I want to order some tail blades before to long do to some wear and tear that I just noticed. Thanks again for the help guys! The reason I ask is because xheli (which I am not ordering from) has two sizes a 62mm and a 68mm both for the 450 pro. I also see a bunch od Align parts in my near future also, unless tarot is cheaper with the same quality.

Lee

Around 60mm is the norm. I would guess that larger blades give more tail authority and smaller ones allow for faster piro rate. Thats just a guess though :D

murankar

Staff member
Thanks again. I have found the sizes 60, 61, 62 and 68. I am not sure of the original size at this point. I was thinking of the 60 -62 size. I also added a mod to my tail in hopes of reduceing how close it get to the ground. I will have to post a few pics or video to show it off. It invovled a metal coat hanger and two zip ties. So far I have not been able to see if it works or not, due to the wear and tear on the blades. Today was an alright day did some spool up training. I also got video and I am in the process of editing it a bit. It's about 3 minutes in length. Maybe ya'll can give me some insight that I may not be doing or seeing.

Tony

Staff member
If you are worrying about tail blade strikes, get the 60mm. If you want more authority and faster piro rate, get the 68mm. More blade means it will move more air. It's also heavier giving the heli tail more of a gyro effect on the tail, but not enough to notice. Just stick with the 60's and you will be fine.

Top Bottom