450 i would like to see more of this

concept30

I hope no one gets upset but I would like to see some 450 size videos doing some nice scale flying, thats why i bought a Blade 450 but i never got my heli up in the air to fly, I keep messing up.

Tony

Staff member
Scale flying? You mean the flying that I do? No inverted? I have quite a few of those videos uploaded lol. Just came in from doing jsut that until I though my one way was slipping.

Tony

Staff member
If you click the youtube button in the bottom right, there are more videos in that channel. This is my personal channel, and not RcHelpDotCom. It's where I put all of my "boring" videos lmao.

Tony

Staff member
No, I'm using the DX8. Normal mode is 0 60 60 60 60, idle up 1 is a flat 65% and idle up 2 is a flat 80%. I am using a Gov on teh YEP esc that's in it as well, but still trying to figure it out.

concept30

in one of your videos on youtube title called First Test Flight, when the heli spool up for the first time it was reallly smooth, is the belt tail system better then shaft tail

Tony

Staff member
The belt is better for beginners since they are more prone to tap the tail on the ground. I like my belt, but the autoratation capabilities of it are very low because of the amount of drag it has. That's not to say that mine is just a little too tight and others are not though. My belt heli is just my beater and WAY under powered.

Tony

Staff member
The belt takes just slightly more power to spin because of the friction. However, SAB ONLY uses belts, no TT on any Goblin at all.

concept30

Blade Helicopters uses belt tail drive, so does Trex 450 v2, it looks like your head spins forever after you land Tony, is that a belt system Tony I dont believe i ask you that yet, can some one else reply I dont wanna PO Tony for all my questions.

Bruno

No, I'm using the DX8. Normal mode is 0 60 60 60 60, idle up 1 is a flat 65% and idle up 2 is a flat 80%. I am using a Gov on teh YEP esc that's in it as well, but still trying to figure it out.

Are you able to successfully flip and roll while in normal (NON IU) mode? Phoenix SIM makes it possible. Curious though if it is in real flight.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
One of the first flights with the Pro V2 I did a flip in normal mode. Almost didn't pull back out of it. So is it possible? Yes. But don't do it. Just asking for a crash.

And concept, that helicopter you saw there was a TT heli, all Align gears and such. It spins as free as I can get it. The SE V2 would have stopped the blades in about 5 seconds lol.

Top Bottom