Chargers i was thinking of making this.. using 450 size batts.. good idea.

Lee

If you are just charging batteries for a 450 Heli, then this is WAY WAY over kill. He was charging two 6S batteries for his 700 helicopter in 8mins!! thats fast. Its just depends on where you are going to go in the hobby. You can make a similar system with less powerful and much less expensive chargers. Check out ProgressiveRC, they do some really cool charger units.

ya i just want to have unlimited flight time. i dont like the idea of 5 min flight and then its ver.. i want to be able to fly for an hour then be good.

Lee

It will depend on your battery's C rating to how fast you can charge it. A battery that can take 2C charge rate (twice its Mahs) will take approx 20mins to charge. So if you have 4 or 5 batteries, you could pretty much fly all day long.
Charging off your car battery at 12V at 2C you would need a charger capable of 50W. If you wanted to charge more than one battery at the same time then you would need a higher Watt charger, say 200W. The ones in the video are 1350W each!!!!!! And are capable of charging a 12S pack in 8mins!!!!! Thats powerful :D

murankar

Staff member
If you want a fast charge look at the gensAce batteries. Those suckers are 5C charge rate. I charge mine AT 5AMPS (charger max amps for 3s), If i could hit 7 or 8 amps that would be so cool.

Lee

The Gens Ace pack have been the go to pack for reliability at the best price. But i just heard that Hobbypartz as bumped the prices up by 20% which make them not such a good deal in relation to other brands. They will soon realise there mistake when sales drop.

Tony

Staff member
Doesn't make any difference when every battery on their site is out of stock. as usual. Pulse batteries it is...

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
check out the thread below. It will tell you how to put two power supplies in series as well as charging with 1000w worth of power.

1000W Power Supply using 2 DPS-600PB, Affordable, Dependable, POWERFUL!!!!

Tony already pointed you to this thread... And it cost me a total of 50-55 bucks for power supply and 200 for the charger and all boards I needed so .. 250 or say 260 bucks ... But I need it to charge my 6s packs for my 700. 450 batteries... Now I charge 6 of them in 20 minutes at 2c..was it needed for my 450 3s 2200batteries ? No!
Accucel 50 w charger did a beautiful job for that ...

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Top Bottom