Spektrum I Want One:)

Admiral

Wow, a transmitter with all the features of my Taranis at only twice the price! :p :biggrin1:

I am a happy Spektrum DX9 user and probably would not change, but I am totally impressed with the Taranis specs especially for the sub $200 price.
Is it as good as it appears to be on paper?

Stambo

I am a happy Spektrum DX9 user and probably would not change, but I am totally impressed with the Taranis specs especially for the sub $200 price.
Is it as good as it appears to be on paper?

I also have a T9x which for an entry priced tx does really well.
The Taranis is not just streets ahead, it is whole continents ahead.
I don't have any idea of the capabilities of some of the higher end TXs and I am still learning what the Taranis can do.
The OpenTX firmware along with the Frsky hardware make for one powerful and very capable tx.
So many customisable switches, dials and functions, although at the cost of time to learn the program.
I have yet to discover it's full capabilities, in fact it is probably capable of way more than I will ever need.
Needless to say I am very happy with my purchase. :)

murankar

Staff member
The customizing switches and such is on par with Futaba 8fg and 14sg. This makes for a very powerful radio. You can put things where it makes sense for the pilot.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

vimy

I had to take my DX9 back to the Australian distributor due to a faulty SD card reader. The faulty board was replaced, everything else is OK.

Slobberdog

It will make you fly better Graham, well my dx8 did for me, the gimbals are so much smoother, I swear it was easier to control my helis, lol placebo maybe but I reacon its a good excuse....

Tony

Staff member
I'm wondering if it actually makes you fly better, or if it gives you more confidence because you have a better radio.... lol. Yup, brain won't shut off...

Top Bottom