Other I Need A Solution For A Plane With 11 Channels

Derek

Ok guys....I have had a thought and I'm not sure how this is gonna work out. I'm planning on putting an Omnibus F4 V2 flight controller, with Inav, on my Gemini V2 build. There are pin locations, on the FC, for the usual channels (one pin location for each motor, one pin location for each aileron, elevator, rudder). This will use up all available pinouts for the fc. The problem is that I need two more channels for a pan and tilt fpv camera pod, two more channels for servos for cargo droppers, and another channel for the air brakes. So, we have a serious problem. It's quite obvious that I'll need to get a Frysky tx, of some sort....and obviously my beloved DX8 isn't going to be up to the task.

Can you guys help me come up with a solution?

Admiral

To me there are two solutions,

#1 as you have stated a Tx with more channels the Spektrum iX12 (I would love an excuse to buy one)

#2 use a second Tx /Rx for the Camera, cargo dropper & air brakes with a second operator to control them. (The pro cinematographers usually have a pilot & camera operator)

Derek

To me there are two solutions,

#1 as you have stated a Tx with more channels the Spektrum iX12 (I would love an excuse to buy one)

#2 use a second Tx /Rx for the Camera, cargo dropper & air brakes with a second operator to control them. (The pro cinematographers usually have a pilot & camera operator)

Option 2 is not possible because we will already have a second operator running the second FPV pan and tilt camera onboard. I need to be able to operate all the above mentioned channels from my transmitter.

Yes, the iX12 would be an awesome transmitter to have but it still won't solve my problem. I need a flight controller that has RTH, stabilization, loiter, and still be able to activate servos for the cargo dropper and air brakes. The Omnibus flight controller, that I've become very fond of, only allows for 6 PWM outputs.

I'm seriously thinking about getting a Taranis so that I would have the capability of 16 channels (using two l9r receivers bound together) but I don't understand how I can operate the air brakes and cargo dropper servos because there isn't a place to plug in the servos if I use SBUS. Or, am I wrong about that? I've never used SBUS before.

RandyDSok

SBUS's are expandable by using hubs...

Here is just one example that uses a single port to 5 port...

ai26307594-230-thumb-5PortHub.jpg

Derek

Thats kinda interesting! Do you have a link for that so i can check it out?

Ive never used SBUS before, so this is all new to me.

RandyDSok

Thats kinda interesting! Do you have a link for that so i can check it out?

Ive never used SBUS before, so this is all new to me.

I found the image with a Google search... I'd imagine you could find the product and ones simlar just as easily

Derek

Thanks for that! I wasnt even sure what to look for. Now that i have a vague idea, i have something to search for. Thanks for your time!

Derek

I think i may have found a solution that will allow me to use 8 channels, via sbus, to the flight controller and another 8 channels for whatever else.

RandyDSok

I'm probably stating the obvious but still it needs said...

If there is going to be only a single transmitter used... then I see little reason to have a pan and tilt camera also since the pilot should only be busy flying or at least monitoring the flight ( if flying with a pre-programmed gps flight plan ).

The pan and tilt would only be useful if a camera operator with a 2nd controller is used. The safety reasons should be obvious to most people.

Derek

After watching a few videos, it would seem that I just need a Taranis X9D transmitter and an X8R receiver. It would seem that getting an X8R to put out 16 channels is quite easy. I'll be looking forward to trying this out.

Derek

I think I've just solved all my problems. I ordered a new Taranis X9D+ with X8R receiver and then I've also ordered a TBS Crossfire Diversity Transmitter/Receiver Combo. All should be here next week.

Top Bottom