450 I Lost My 450

mousie

No I didn't misplace it its gone.Was out flying off my deck today, up pretty high when a gust of wind threw me off coarse.Went behind the tree line and never came back. I tried going full stick to gain more altitude but never see it climb.I live in the north woods of wi and pretty dense trees, I looked for hours even went out this evening hoping I could spot a gyro or receiver light blinking::heart-borken:I don't think I will ever find it.Is there any beacons that I could install in the future if this ever happens again.

Tony

Staff member
You went and pulled a Gaba lol. I know it's not funny, but this is the second time this has happened.

In answer to your question, yes, there is a device that will sound an alarm when the Rx looses signal with the Tx. Tajahara(sp) will know where to get it since he uses it on his quads.

Sucks man, hope you find it though!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Tony... Grrr lol

Mousie:: dude! Don't give up on that heli. It's out there and you can find it! It took me about three weeks to did mine. But when I did I loved it more than ever and fly it more than any other .

Trees can be harder than tall bushes.. But still it's not impossible. Go out there again , battery is probably gonna be dead when you go out again. But just take a stock with ya and walk a grid ...

It sucks man!! But hey ! If I can find it.. Anyone can. :)

Lee

I just read a post from a guy that lost his quad in a forest 2 miles away from him. He eventually found it a week later. Just type in lost model finder to ebay. They will screech at you as Tony said, if you lose signal, or you can set up a TX switch to allow you to switch the alarm on and off. Also a cheap idea i heard was little strobe lights you can get for your bicycle. Tested by one guy, they kept working for 3 days.
Good luck dude, you'll find it eventually, don't give up.

wolfman76

lol tony i was gonna say same thing bout gaba losing his no offense gaba... but like everyone else especially gaba hang in there you can still find it but in your case might want... to invest in some tree climbing gear at your local sporting good store... good chance it could be like a kite and be stuck in a tree so look high and low....maybe next time if ever happens again after throttling up you dont see it throttle all way down and kill tx power cuz by the you know it will already be lost that way it won't possibly travel even further away on its own if you know what i mean... That way it hopefully won't travel very far on its own GOOD LUCK and i hope you find it and like gaba said he of all ppl should know there is still very good chance you will find it

RMB677

Took me two days to find one I put in the trees and it was a single row of oaks. I found it in a tree that I would have thought was closer than I last saw it and on the side of the tree that I didn't expect. The hard pard was getting it down. I used a fishing sinker on a line to snag the branch it was hung up on and was able to shake it loose. It was an E-sky E500 coax that is a problem heli, so if I didn't find it I wouldn't have been to upset.

Don't give up.

mousie

Well its been a couple weeks now and still no luck.Its also been raining for the last three days,hope my electronics are covered.I look every day since I last saw it.Hoping its caught up in an oak tree and will be able to see it when the leaves fall.Kinda hard right now as the leaves are changing colors to red and yellow and my heli is yellow.I just bought a be found beeper for my other 450 pro and works great just hope I don't have to ever use it.Its not as load as i would have liked it but i think i would have been able to have found it if it was on my first 450. I now tell my kids and there friends $100.00 reward if anyone finds it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes Adam that reward is for anyone who finds it.

Tony

Staff member
Suckage dude. I hope you find it soon and don't have to pay out a bill to someone. Just hope they don't know what it is knowing there is a few bills in it lol. Wish I could help look.

mousie

Adam that would be great.Its hard to get people to help look unless they are into this hobby,and then no what its like.How often do you get to northern Wi? I live in Boulder Junction 54512.That's probably still a good haul for you. I dedicate a good hour if not more a day looking for this thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Just looked it up Adam you are 164 miles from my house.Little far to travel unless you where coming this way.Thanks though!

Tony

Staff member
Sounds like when Gaba lost his and I was about to head down there and help him out lol. I would have if my car was better.

Adam

dude I'm a truck driver that's nothing I'll pm my number

- - - Updated - - -

man I was close to ya today I was in Rothschild on 51

mousie

Great News!!!!!! After two months in the snow sleet and rain I fineally got my 450 pro back home.Second day of deer season and a hunter finds it and returns it back to me.This thing really made some distance and was not even close to where I have been looking. Heli is in better shape than I expceted,some surface rust here and there,blades,canopy,main shaft,flybar,tail boom and the battery charger says battery not connected when I try to charge it.Is there anything I should do before I try plugging a good battery into the speed controller?I just don't want to fry anything out. Love them deer hunters!

murankar

Staff member
Congrats on the find. I hope everything still works. Use a little wd40 on the rust it should clean right up if its not to bad. I would let the heli sit for a few days to ensure everything is dried out. You never know how much moisture is going to be in there.

wolfman76

Cover the esc in rice for few days believe me it works maybe servos to or basically anything electrical... I dropped my cell phone in the toilet (in clean water) lol if it was nasty water i would have said to hell with it go buy a new phone lol... And big congrats on the find but question how did the Hunters know where to bring it to and how far away was it???

mousie

Congratulations!!! That's amazing bro!! :) happy that you got it back!

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

My neighbor new that I lost it and he had a big group of hunters that came up for the weekend and where staying at his home and one said they found this helicopter looking thing in the woods.Thats all it took, he new who's it was and returned it. Heli flew at least 1/8 mile from where I took off and that was just a matter of seconds before I shut it down.All electronics seem to work fine.Definitally my lucky day!

Tony

Staff member
Good deal bro. Now you are Gaba are in the same "Lost & Found" club lmao.

As for the electronics, the battery is toast, I can assure you that. You need to take the heli completely apart and check every bearing. If there is rust that you can see, there is rust that you can't see. I will bet there are some bearings that have rust in them. They will need to be replaced. Put the ESC in a bowl of dry rice to help dry it out, but it may be too late. You need to remove the motor and take it apart as well. Do the same with teh servos. you need to remove the cover and see if there is any water in there or corrosion on the board. If there is, time to replace the servos.

Hope you get it back into the air soon.

Lee

Awesome mate,
As said, put all the elecs in rice. Strip the whole hell down and rebuild.

Top Bottom