450 I know(hope) I am missing something very basic....

larrymon

I have a new Align 450L Dominator DFC with a 3Gx.

When I try to bind to my JR 11 2.4, I get nothing.. Battery is connected to the BEC. Throttle lead from the Bec is connected to the THR port.
The satellite receiver is connected to the port on the side.
Battery has 3.8v/cell.
I get nothing.. no lights .no nothing.

The 3gx unit is completely dead.. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Larry

Tony

Staff member
Bind as normal and once the bind is completed, remove the plug. The 3gx should wake up.

Sparse

With the 3gx you have to put the sat in port 2 for it to bind and work. Don't ask why, that's just the way it is. When you bind pull the bind plug out and the 3gx should light up and function. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Slobberdog

Which JR 11 do you have, if it's the XG 11 it's does only Dmss

if it's the JR11xZero then it's dsm2 either way a Dsmx sat won't work,

Tony

Staff member
Actually Kev, the DSMX is backwards compatible with DSM2 transmitters. But you are completely correct in the fact that DMSS is not compatible with anything other than DMSS

If you are running the new JR with DMSS, then remove the sat and wire it up with the Rx that came with the Tx, or a DMSS Rx of your choice. It will work, just takes a few more wires to do so.

larrymon

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. Sparse, that was it. I changed the port the satelitte plunged into the number 2 port, and that worked. BTW radio is a JR 11 X.

larrymon

Two more questions. I am finished programing the 3gx, I think.. Thanks for the videos, Tony.

1. On the 3gx, the status light is green, but the Gov light is red. is this normal?

2. Does the BEC need to be set up?.. The manual say it does. I have seen only one video on You tube concering this, but was unable to get the correct results, I may be setting it up wrong for the set up phase. Will the defaults on the included BEC be ok? This is a combo kit.

Thanks.

Tony

Staff member
What do you mean by the BEC? There is no setting for a BEC on the 3GX. Did you mean set the governor?

Tony

Staff member
The status light being green means it's in HH mode. If it were red, it would be in Rate mode. I suspect you know this, just wanted to mention it for those that are going to browse this thread.

The GOV light being red means your governor is off. Since you have a 7th channel (max needed for 3GX), and you are only runnign satellites, your gyro gain is on channel 7 (or AUX2) and your governor is on channel 5 (gear). If you want to change that light to green, just set a switch on channel 5 (gear) and set a positive value. That will make the light go green. However, on the 450's, a governor is not needed.

If my above question is answered yes (meant governor setup and not BEC), then yes, you must do the governor setup. that way the 3GX knows where high and low throttle is located.

larrymon

Oops,, Sorry Tony. i meant ESC , not BEC.
Thanks on the red Gov light.. i understand you to say, the red light on the GOV is ok , since I don't have one, but if i want to turn the red to green, I go to the tx menu, and set a positive value to a switch on Ch 5?

Tony

Staff member
You should go in and set high and low endpoints in the ESC. You do this by turning on your Tx, and raising the throttle all the way. Then, plug in the ESC. On the first series of beeps, lower the throttle all the way. The ESC should initialize and the endpoint is done. From there, do the governor setup in the 3GX and you will be golden. As long as all of the other settings are done, that is lol.

And yup. If that light bugs you, just set a switch to channel 5 and set a positive value. But you are right, there is no real need to worry about this light. You are not running a governor on the 450, and you are not running a nitro governor which is what that light is used for.

Tony

Staff member
It would be a wise choice to remove the pinion. But yes, the motor needs to be hooked up so you can hear the tones.

Top Bottom