I just got my first 3D printer.

Geena

Staff member
I have been toying with the idea, but putting it off for quite a while. But I have finally ventured into 3D printing. I picked up a Creality Ender 3, and a good friend and team mate of mine took it and turned it into a powerhouse.

He changed quite a few of the original parts on it. Including the board, rollers, build plate and several other things. He installed an operating system that he created, and put an auto leveler on it to make bed leveling so much easier.

It`s incredibly easy to use, and really fast. I have been using it, and learning about the different filaments and their uses for a few weeks now. I have done several successful prints so far, mostly the printed parts for the Interceptor, and it`s been working out well so far.

Anyway, I`m having a lot of fun with it so far. I kinda wish that I hadn`t put it off this long.

Tony

Staff member
3D printers are amazing when they work correctly. Being an owner of an Ender 3 as well (mine is the "Pro" version, if you can call it that) I'm interested more in these mods you did. I as well have installed a new board with new stepper drivers because the stock ones were just annoyingly loud! But I have not upgraded the head (to direct drive) or the rollers like you mention. I have installed a touch screen and I run it on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ over the network with Octoprint. So definitely interested in hearing more about this little guy!

Geena

Staff member
He did a fantastic job on it. It`s not even really an ender 3 anymore. It`s a Jetson printer now....that`s his brand name. I don`t know a whole lot about them yet, but I do know that I`m having a blast with it. Angel and Auggie have taught me a lot in the past month or so. I have been printing antenna holders, blade tracking tools, and a fore grip for the AR......just because....LOL

bigone5500

You will love it the more you use it. Here is something I did with mine. I got a blueprint cabinet from work and turned it into a tool cabinet. One drawer was missing the rear rollers so I just made some. They work great!

Attachments

• 20230731_122611.jpg
    20230731_122611.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230731_122348.jpg
    20230731_122348.jpg
    735.2 KB · Views: 4
Top Bottom