450 I have an Orange Dsm 620 rx does anyone know how the antenna "picks up " the signal ?

orbi

I have an Orange Dsm 620 rx does anyone know how the antenna "picks up " the signal ?

I have 140 mm of antenna on my Rx I have been told several conflicting stories about the "pick up". Does it pick up signal along its entire length or is it only in the last inch or so.?
I have been told to never wind it around anything but to keep it as straight as poss and that Bunching it up and winding reduces its capability by up to 10 times.

- - - Updated - - -

I have been told the antenna is the same as the one inside the spektrum 6xi Tx and that antenna should be "turned at 90" and should never be pointing straight out...and that the signal is transmitted along its length so it is more efficient when "bent" at 90 on the radio. does anyone know for sure?
would appreciate some help and info

Dirk

Re: I have an Orange Dsm 620 rx does anyone know how the antenna "picks up " the sign

Hi Orbi,

As far as I know, the whole wire is the antenna. It should also never be coiled up or wound around anything. It will reduce the receiving capability.

Yes, bend the TX antenna 90 degrees. This way you maximize the radiation pattern of the antenna.

Hope it helps.

Top Bottom