700 I Have A Question Concerning R/c Helicopter Canopy's...

This is part of a major project I've been working on for the better part of a year now, but I'm really close to completing this helicopter and setting it up and getting it in the air, The particular helicopter in question here is the Align TREX 700 NITRO DFC, my question concerning this helicopter is this, This particular model has an extra long canopy that sweeps way back covering the entire carbonfiber side frames, as opposed to earlier models which only went back about an one inch past the aft canopy support post, the reason I'm asking is the one that came with my kit was cracked and chipped, this motivated me to attempt some repairs which only made thing's worse, therefore I'm going to pick up a new canopy but I can't stand the look of that long sweeping canopy that goes on the trex 700 DFC Nitro, the other trex 700 heli's with the shorter canopy's appear to have the canopy mounting hole's in the same location, will the canopy's from the earlier trex 700 nitro fit on the trex 700 Nitro DFC, this is a serious question concerning a serious project so no guessing please, I'm looking for a good fit without having to modify the canopy or the Helicopter, Respectfully Randolph Catchot...

Tony

Staff member
This is a question for someone that has the new style 700 and has put an older style 700 canopy on it. Because most of us would only be speculating since there are no real reference numbers out there on spacing and fitment for any helicopter that I'm aware of.

If this were my project, I would order a very cheap, possibly damaged (scratch or whatever) canopy for the older style and see if that works. There are a lot of places out there that sell either B Class canopy's or even unpainted ones so you can paint them yourself and save some money.

Other than that, lets see if anyone has done this. If so, post up!

murankar

Staff member
So lets see if this helps.

Canopies can be somewhat remolded with a hair drier. Not a lot of heat just some.

Repair ideas: CA and used drier sheets. Makes for a solid repair.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
I cant say with certainty and I know thats what your looking for but I went though this when I built my turbine a couple of years ago. The later 700N went to the narrow frame and for that reason I dont think it would be a direct fit.
T

Top Bottom