I guess this is why ya'll love goblins.......in part

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
yeah the goblins that i saw at the fun fly here in austin, 2 of them fortunately didnt have that issue. one did though. that guy was not happy lol... parts are a bit scarce still..

murankar

Staff member
I bet! I found a video of a guy who this happened to. His bill was $650+. It's nice to see a company own their mistakes and fix them. I guess thats what you pay for.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
yeah... but a 650 dollar bill..... umm.. can get a whole new 600 size for that.. one of the major reasons I am not going to get this heli.. lol I would rather put my money into a 7HV.. lol

now if I had insane amount of money lying around, I would skip over the goblin and go Mikado XXTREME.. Now that is beast.

Goblins are sexy! lol but thats not enough for me to spend so much money on parts.. :p I am confused.. lol

Haha

not that I have that much money sitting around. My yesterday's crash is gonna burn a 100 dollar hole.. Postponed till next month.. :D :D :D

Lee

I've been pricing up the Compass 7HV. And if i decide to do it, thats what i'll get. The reviews are great, parts are cheap and the heli is strong. When i get back to Spain i will be checking my finances. So quite possibly sometime this summer i just might have one. :D

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I think it's just like a shim.. Their production is just SLOOOOOWWW...

Getting tails to people who already waited 6+months for the heli will just add frustration, thinking of how much time that'll take them.. I mean I am in favor of new parts too.. But.. This might be something they were thinking..

Morelight

Fearless Freep
Good video Gaba. The 7HV is a better buy in the long run looks like. If he had crashed the Gobblin like the Compass, that would have expensive.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
REAL EXPENSIVE.. Funny.. My vibe 50 crash is gonna be almost the same.. I think I'll just have. To keep the vibe and maintain it... Lol

Lee

I watched that video too Gaba. Alright for some people. Owning both the Goblin and the 7HV??? Thats just wrong. For me its the 7HV all the way.

murankar

Staff member
I guess at this point I cant see myself own either. Getting over a 500 is just way to expensive for my blood, but I can drool for free. Besides I am still learning so the 450 is perfect for me.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
450 Is awesome size! :) 700 is for show! Lol 600 is if you have come a bit ways from hovering. :) mcpx is always something to go along everything!! :)

murankar

Staff member
I am drooling over to models right now. both are 100% you build out of the box. The first is the well the furion 450 and the other is the msh protos mini. Both have the same msrp for bare bones, but one is U.S. made the other is Italian made. I would like this to be a project not a 2 day assembly which both offer. Each model has it's weakness in my opinion. The furion uses cf for the main blade grips and the msh uses plastic for both main and tail blades. Right now I am researching the electronics and think I have the servos selected unless something else comes out when I do buy the parts. With the way things are looking it wont be till after my return when I actually start assembling the parts needed. Again since the 450 is the most cost effective; outside the mcpx, I will stick with the 450. Of course once I get serious about this I will need a place to sleep and takers for room and board?

Morelight

Fearless Freep
I watched that video too Gaba. Alright for some people. Owning both the Goblin and the 7HV??? Thats just wrong. For me its the 7HV all the way.

I'm very curious why the Compass 7HV and not the Align 700E V2 or V3 which rumor has is coming this summer?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Murankar .. Both are awesome kits, but when buying a heli first thing to check part avalability than anything. I know you already gave to order everything because you are stationed somewhere, then think about prices... Think that the heli will crash a lot.. It's 450 lol

More light. Between the align and ye century. Century wins hands down. Frame , build, part count, sturdiness all that is century. Even as far as I know CoG is awesome on century. The features of century are awesome. The dfc head. That align boats about, is apparently a century head that align copied. I read that somewhere. But then again, given a chance to buy an align, I wouldn't refuse it. Lol

But if u can do century, DO CENTIRY. I have seen this heli fly. It's awesome!!!!

murankar

Staff member
Thats why I want to wait till after I get home. Plus I will get more practice with this cheaper model. When I do return I will be in Georgia so getting the parts via mail wont be so bad, plus I will have a civilian address which mean quicker deliveries. I found that amainhobbies offers everything for both setups. If I do this the way I would want to this next project will cost as much as a t-rex 450. oops I just tallied up the cost, ugly. Right now it's window shopping.

The only real helis I have seen here in Korea so far are the E-Sky's. I think I'll pass on those for now.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yeah ... Esky... It's almost horrifying. Lol some people love them. I donno. Lol

My first heli was a esky honeybee fp v2. Horrible little bird! Anywaz..

Good that you are coming back! Yeah, it'll be easier of course here to get parts. What about the 450x. I saw it fly a few Tim's seems like a lot of power. Align is coing out with a rtf... It's the old 450 sport . Decisions decisions decisions!! Lol

Morelight

Fearless Freep
coolgabsi; But if u can do century said:
I think they are more sturdy and better designed. I read a short blurb on HF last night, and people are saying that the Trex 700 V3 will be using a setup much like the Compass now uses. I know the Trex 450 I've bought (not in yet :moody:), for the money is a great bird, and there is a lot of parts, support, build vids etc.

After checking out the Compass 7HV lately though, I like what I see. Much simpler design and there is a retailer here in Canada for the kit and parts. http://www.rchelicanada.com/compass-model-products/compass-helicopter-kits/compass-7hv-fbl-kit-airframe-blades-/prod_518.html

I'll see how my experience goes with the 450pro build and flying. If it goes well, I think I will get the Compass 7, instead of the Align. I can't afford to go 600 to 700. With parts and batts its over $2500 a bird. I'm not going to buy cheap parts, not with something this dangerous and big lol. I definately don't want to go TT on a 700 either.

Then 2 years from now once the 800 rage is over, I'll get a 900 and mount a turret paintball gun and fpv and shoot varmints from up above. By then Tony will have either a 8' diameter home built multi-copter or a 20 foot flying wing with turbines on it.

murankar

Staff member
Just over 4 months left, Cant wait. the 450x Align not sure if I want fbl yet. The Protos mini comes with the fbl kit already in the box. Options are there I just need to figure out what it is I want to get. Right now the fbl option is looking tempting so I could do a future upgrade with out buy the head unit. will see what the market looks like in about 6 months.

Top Bottom