450 i gotta say.....

trainrider06

I just love these Spartan gyro's for FB heli's!
I just installed the 760 on my 450, and as usual this gyro system holds like a dream! I have the Quark on my 250 and that thing is solid as a rock on it too!
I don't really understand why these gyro's were not more popular, they really are nice....and really easy to set up too!

Tony

Staff member
Because they used to be VERY expensive. They were the best of their time, and you had to pay for the best. But yes, they do hold the tail really well.

trainrider06

They are fairly cheap now! :) if I come across another FB heli I just have to have....(but I am spoiled with these FBL ones )
I'll have a quark on it for sure!

murankar

Staff member
I am sure the msh Protos mini still has both flybar and fbl setups in the kit. Just a thought.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Slobberdog

Spartan gyros were unfortunate to come out at a time where the gy401 futaba gyro ruled,

but I love my Vortex Nano, it freaking awesome on my 250 and has totally transformed the handling of that little bird,

top notch company top notch products,

trainrider06

I am sure the msh Protos mini still has both flybar and fbl setups in the kit. Just a thought.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

I've seen those Protos heli's the kits look very interesting.
Probably only way I'll buy another FB heli is if I can get it really cheap though. I am just ruined with FBL now and the simplicity of its setup.....:)

- - - Updated - - -

Spartan gyros were unfortunate to come out at a time where the gy401 futaba gyro ruled,

but I love my Vortex Nano, it freaking awesome on my 250 and has totally transformed the handling of that little bird,

top notch company top notch products,

Yes the 401 is a very nice gyro, have used em myself, but to me the setup is so much more easy with either the quark or DS760. I've been wondering how well those Vortex systems compare to the BeastX....I'll be keeping my eye open for a good deal on one! :wink: for future projects

Slobberdog

Well you have seen how stable my 250 is with the vx1n and that is what replaced the beastx that was on there, I like the better tunabilty of the vortex's so much better than the beastx or ar7200bx but you do need the datapod to have mobile tuning

trainrider06

Well you have seen how stable my 250 is with the vx1n and that is what replaced the beastx that was on there, I like the better tunabilty of the vortex's so much better than the beastx or ar7200bx but you do need the datapod to have mobile tuning

Ahh yes I remember the video! Wow! Well in that case I can see they are for sure just as excellent as the FB gyro's! Nice!

Top Bottom