450 I got bored!

Very cool. Yesterday Frankenheli arrived and i spent a couple hours on it. At least he has a gov and a bluetooth insatlled. I didnt know you had a pro.

trainrider06

Dang having same weather issues huh Ivan? It's finally a bit cooler here, but of course windy!
Yeah PGL, a 450 Pro DFC, 450L Doninator, and a 500 Pro DFC, as well a few other smaller ones...:)

trainrider06

Right now the 450 Pro, that's just because I am used to it.
I haven't really gotten a chance to groove in on the 450L because of time to fly it, and weather. I need to get back into flying regular because the 450L is a bit more zippy. The 500 was quickly becoming my go to when I flew regularly, because it was so smooth (and I could see it better lol)

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Dang having same weather issues huh Ivan? It's finally a bit cooler here, but of course windy!
Yeah PGL, a 450 Pro DFC, 450L Doninator, and a 500 Pro DFC, as well a few other smaller ones...:)

Still hot as hell here :yuck:. Will be til early Nov. but now it's our afternoon evening thunderstorms that we're dealing with. I sneak in a few morning flights when I can. The mess that Louisianan is getting now was our mess first. We're just sharing weather :biglaugh: I got all 3 birds ready to go but no sunshine to be found :shocked:.

- - - Updated - - -

Right now the 450 Pro, that's just because I am used to it.
I haven't really gotten a chance to groove in on the 450L because of time to fly it, and weather. I need to get back into flying regular because the 450L is a bit more zippy. The 500 was quickly becoming my go to when I flew regularly, because it was so smooth (and I could see it better lol)

The 450 Pro DFC is my go to heli too Rodney. The X3 is a close second, since I've been waiting for my ESC to come in for the 450, which it finally did early this week :cool-new:. I would like to fly a 450L just to see how different, if any, when compare to the X3.

trainrider06

Still hot as hell here :yuck:. Will be til early Nov. but now it's our afternoon evening thunderstorms that we're dealing with. I sneak in a few morning flights when I can. The mess that Louisianan is getting now was our mess first. We're just sharing weather :biglaugh: I got all 3 birds ready to go but no sunshine to be found :shocked:.

- - - Updated - - -

The 450 Pro DFC is my go to heli too Rodney. The X3 is a close second, since I've been waiting for my ESC to come in for the 450, which it finally did early this week :cool-new:. I would like to fly a 450L just to see how different, if any, when compare to the X3.
I wish I could get steady flying times this flying once a month or so sucks!
Is your X3 a 6s? That really makes the 450L a power house! I've really probably actually flown the 450L 10 times. I thought the 450 Pro was responsive, the Dominator is quick! No doubt the thing could be flicked around pretty hard and want more that's for sure!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I wish I could get steady flying times this flying once a month or so sucks!
Is your X3 a 6s? That really makes the 450L a power house! I've really probably actually flown the 450L 10 times. I thought the 450 Pro was responsive, the Dominator is quick! No doubt the thing could be flicked around pretty hard and want more that's for sure!

Yes sir the X3 is a 6s :yahoo:. Your right, the 450 does react quicker then the X3 :smashfreakB: but the X3 does pack a bigger punch and likes to shoe it's :moon: especially with the Xnova motor on it :bellyroll:.

- - - Updated - - -

I find it interesting that you guys fly the Pro over the Dominator but i know some if it is parts and weather. Frankenhel arrived and i zpent a few hours rewiring it and double checking the build. Im honestly excited to get it in the air, the head just looks so much more beefier.

Id be interested to read about the comparison modmthe X3 and 450L

trainrider06

What kind of head is on that thing? The Tarot and the one mentioned by Keith, those actually are beefier heads. I have a brand new split lock Tarot head waiting on a heli to put on. I was thinking of putting it on my 450 Pro. I've read that some prefer it over the Align DFC head. I can see how they do over the old style that just has the main 1 bolt. But I have the upgraded head (same one that's on the Dominator) on my 450 Pro.
Probably can't tell but the Tarot is a beefier head in this pic...image.jpeg
For me I fly the 450 Pro more because well like I said earlier, my 450L is much more powerful, and maneuverable, I don't get to fly on a regular basis, so I practice with the 450 Pro. The Dominator to me at least I feel less comfortable with because of minimal flight times, but I don't get to fly much so it's a double edge sword lol. When I got to fly more I preferred flying the 500 over the others. It's much more smoother and nicer to fly, but it either hangs on the wall or just gets easy laps when ever I do actually get to fly. Myself it's just confidence and infrequency of flight time that I prefer the 450 Pro right now. Either way though I do still enjoy flying it. Right now it's a cost and budget thing. The 450 Pro is cheaper to fix than the 500....:wink:.

image.jpeg

KLA

Yeah, the Tarot DFC head is pretty nice. The only real difference is the Split Lock head has the 2 piece blade grips and the double bolt mount. As you know, Rodney, the split lock head is pretty nice.

A while back, when I first got the Tarot Split Lock head, I sent some pics to Rick and he sent back some pics of the head he has on his Goblin and the two were surprisingly similar. I don't remember if Ricks was a stock Goblin head, but it looked almost the same as the Tarot Split Lock DFC head. Maybe if Rick sees this he will send you a picture and you can see the similarities.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey guys. I do have both heads and if I can add my 2 cents in, if it's worth anything:puppy_dog_eyes: I do like the split lock DFC head vs the rotohead DFC head. I crash once with the rotohead and one of the arms broke:banghead:. Right there I went back to the split lock head and the rotohead is now back up. It wasn't that hard of a crash either that's what got me:confused1:.

trainrider06

Right now I am keeping the DFC head on my 450's, I had just ordered some new thrust bearing kits for the dang thing, so I'd hate to let em waste. Lol

Well here is my simi completed ESC configuration, the leads from the ESC to motor are aggravating me, because they are a bit too short and hang right at the entrance to the inside of the frame....grrrrrr!
I really didn't want to sleeve the power wires but wanted a bit of protection going into the frame like they are. Hopefully when I zip tie everything down it'll be a bit more presentable....image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Top Bottom