450 I found the MISSING LINK... KDS Flymentor

orbi

If you got probs try this it worked for me . My prob was in the comms. in device manager. Load up the cd and look in device manager (DM) for com port , click to see the KDS link it will have an assigned port no. mine was 24. right click on the link and it will take you to a com ports page click advanced. look through ports till you find the LOWEST number com port and click to assign the KDS link to that one.
it seems this type of hardware and computers in general only view the first 9 ports properly for some reason. if you cant get a low port, make a note of your pc settings in ports and move something else say port 2 or your printer port 1 as a temporary measure and move it back later when your done setting up , ive just spent £26 in sending off for a programmer now that I dont need lol.
Hope this works for you guys ... if it works for you drop me a line.

murankar

Staff member
Actually you may need it. Once you get to a flying field it will be easier to reprogram with the programmer. Congrats on getting it fixed.

orbi

yeah ... one only lives in hope of a fix ! you do a job then pull it apart,adjust, have a fiddle, another look, another tweek, re do this, re do that , have a think or a good nights sleep if you can get one that is, and then.... comes the big day ready for a fight i mean flight. With in 3 minutes the gears rip from the main to the tail, and so its start again time. The previous owner could never in a million years ever flown this bird. Im just gonna list the things that needed changing.
1. aile, elev servos jammed, tail servo gears broken.
2. ESC overheating
3. bearings shot in main shaft casing
4. main shaft casing top and bottom needed replacing (bent) thats why bearings were shot
5. swash plate threads for ball links rimmed out on elev. ball stuck in with glue.
6 main blades were 5 deg zero pitch at mid stick.
7 2 ball links were locked solid on the head
8 ball link on tail servo wrong position at 15mm
9 Tail 1/3 out on set up
10 set up on Tx , ail reversed ,rudder reversed swash plate had 69 subtrim on elev. and 48 on pitch
I thought I was buying what looked like a nice trex 450 Pro but ive spent £119 cash and around 60 hours in labour to get where I am now.... wow
maybe I should a bought a brand new RTF 3gx

- - - Updated - - -

But hey you cant buy experience.... Ive learned a lot in a short time and have got a long way to go , at least im on the first rung of the big ladder lol.

Top Bottom