General I flew my trex 450 sport dfc AND!!............

murankar

Staff member
I personally do the hex key trick first. Just as a preliminary check. Normally if it's bent you'll see it almost instantly. You could also remove both blades and rest the link arms on top of each other. What your looking for is any gaping with the link arms.

Next if you don't see anything then remove the shaft and Chuck it in a drill. Spin up the drill and stair down the shaft. If you see any wobble then bingo.

While the glass trick works I just don't like it. I have done it and found bent shafts, I also have missed a few.

Smoggie

Yeah, you can spot a very slight bend with the hex key method. The blade you leave fitted exaggerates even the slightest bend in the shaft making it easy to spot. It's also quick because you dont need to dismantle the head. But everyone has their favourite method.

yak1646

Yeah I kind of put my heli away for the Winter.Where I live in Quebec its snowing 25 cm.So there is no way I can fly my helicopter.(And I don't have any indoor place to fly)Ill hear from you guys in Spring.:wave::thumbsup:On all the help!!

Tony

Staff member
Nah, no reason to stay away until spring! Post up and create conversation and we will have a blast all winter long!

murankar

Staff member
Just remember if this helicopter is belt driven you will want to loosen the belt a tiny bit. When it's cold the belt will shrink and drop your flight timer about 30 seconds .

Smoggie

One of the advantages of helis over fixed wing is that you don't need a large airstrip, as long as you have a small patch of snow cleared then you are good to fly. In fact the snow could be looked on as an advantage as it's nice and soft in a crash! LiPo performance can be an issue in very cold conditions, it helps if you can keep them worm.

KLA

Any time that I fly when it's real cold out I let my heli sit outside for about 15 minutes so all of the electronics can adjust to the cold temperature. I also keep my lipos in my pocket til I am ready to install them and fly. This has always worked out for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Uri, I got my 9XR Pro set up over the weekend and was flying my Blade mCPX with it yesterday. Your write up on the firmware helped me tremendously. Still have a lot to learn about this new TX, but my main goal was to be able to fly my Blade micros with it cause I wasn't able to with my regular 9X TX. Now, that I got that far I should be able to figure out the programming for the rest of my helis pretty easy. Just one thing at a time right now. This 9XR Pro with ersky9x firmware has soo many possibilities that it will take some time to learn how to use it properly. But, your write up helped me more than you can imagine and wanted to thank you for posting it, cause at this point, I probably couldn't have done it without it.

Top Bottom