250 i dont have any firmware down loaded on my computor

john60

i bought a used align 250 trex pro dfc with align 3gx i dont know what version he was running, i have no previous versions downloaded so im looking for some help getting the 5.0 version down loaded and then programmed to the 3gx, ive never done this before so plz i apologize for my lack of computor skills and heli skills but iam very determined to build and program this heli.

- - - Updated - - -

here is my phone #734 767 6464 for anyone who has the time to help me thank you for your time and efforts, john

Tony

Staff member
Hey John, I just want to remind you that this is a public forum where everyone can see everything in open posts. This means your phone number is out there in the open world for anyone to grab and do who knows what with.

In your other thread, I explained how to download the file and provided the link to said file. I have loaded that file on windows vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 and it does work. It may toss an error, but just plug in the gyro to the computer and the error should stop.

Short of sending that helicopter to someone for them to do the work for you, that is the first step you need to take. Download the file that is directly linked below. Find the file (usually in your downloads folder), right click it and select Extract All. It will extract the files and should open the page up where it extracted them to. Click on the bottom installer (it will say Windows installer to the right) and go through the setup process. Once done, you will have an icon on your desktop for the 3GX program.

This is where you need to start. We can not do anything else to help you since we are not in your house. Just click on the link below and follow the instructions above to install the program.

http://rc-help.com/3GX/3GX_V5.0.zip

holtneil

Hi mate just go to the 3gx website download the software then when you connect the pc to the 3gx just click on update then you and put on what one the like
The 3gx can be a real pain ( tip overs etc ) most of us bin it and put another on like the Kbar its a clone but really good Tony did a video on the 3gx and its spot on
Tony and me were typing at the same time

Last edited:

JIm Cherry

G'morning. I'm new to the forum and new to RC heli's and have a really steep learning curve ahead of me. I just bought a used Rex550 and it came with a 3GX. According to the users manual I thought I could program the thing right from the unit installed on the helicopter. But after doing a lot of reading, it seems like I need to find and install some software on the computer, buy a dongle with a USB end and another end that goes into a data port on the 3GX. So I went to the Align site and tried to download the software, and sure enough ...its not compatible with Apple computers. Is there anyone that knows if there is an Apple compatible version of the software....or alternatively could I just program the unit right on the heli manually....?? Thanks for any info. I think the site might just be invaluable to me.....:wink:

murankar

Staff member
All I know about that unit is that it needs to be programmed and tuned on the PC.

As for Mac all I can suggest is boot camp or pararels. So your options are virtualized windows or dual boot.

That's all I can suggest. Someone who has actually worked with the unit will have to chime in.

JIm Cherry

Thanks for the reply. Since I wrote this note, one of the instructors at the club has suggested that I swap out the 3Gx for a BeastX and has offered me one from his stock . I'm going to gratefully accept his advice and offer.....but I would still like to figure out this 3Gx just for my own personal satisfaction and keep it in my stock for future use somewhere once I become a more competent flyer.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey Jim Cherry. That's real nice of your instructor to offer you a BeastX. Many flyers have problems with the 3GX and probably don't have any hair left on their head trying to figure it out. The BeastX simply just works and It will same you from headaches and frustration in the long run. Good luck and enjoy!

JIm Cherry

Thank for the input. The learning curve with heli's is a lot steeper than I found flying fixed wing and theres a lot to learn. I don't even know all the things I don't know enough to ask yet. So forums like this are invaluable. One common thread so far in my education so far though seems to be the general preference for a Beast system over the 3GX. Not one person I know has recommended that I go and buy a 3GX. Hopefully the is one mistake I can learn from other people s experience rather than having to make it myself. I'm generally not very good at that....:wink:......but this is a no-brainer if someone is offering me a better choice........

Tony

Staff member
You don't HAVE to have the software on the computer, but it does help. You can just go into your DIR and setup the head, go into the tail setup menu and setup the tail, and then follow the video below I made on how to program the Flight Mode Settings without a computer. It is a pain to do, and you can get way more accurate with the computer, but it can be done without a computer.

But you had a guy offer up a beastx and quite honestly, that decision may have saved your helicopter from a very bad first flight. The 3GX is not user friendly especially for new pilots. You will love that BX though.

murankar

Staff member
Your best option is the bestx. Take it you'll thank us later. Do not even try and get it working. Many have tried and not many have been successful.

JIm Cherry

OK.....so I got a microbeast.....and I've found that I need some help with the physical set-up and connecting all the parts and pieces. I haven't been able to find my exact situation in the FAQs here and youtube is getting me more confused when trying to compare the tutorials to the BeastX Users manual. In a nutshell, could anyone help me to connect an AR8000 receiver with a separate satellite RX to the Microbeast. Any help would be very much appreciated. I'd like to get it right before I start attaching power to it. Thanx....

Eggy 71

I just installed a Microbeast a couple of weeks ago. The latest manual really isn't very clear. I went back to a ver 3.0 manual.it sounds like you have a standard receiver setup. something to help you remember is inputs to the left side(from the Rx) and outputs to the servos on the right side. The ESC should connect to the THRO port in the Rx to power it and the satellite should have its own port on the Rx.

Capture.JPG

Capture 2.JPG

Top Bottom