I Don’t Want To Be Here.

Tony

Staff member
I completely forgot that my license expires this month. It is the 30th and I kind of have to get it done. I hate these places!!! So friggin slow!!!!!

image.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Looks like I'm driving on an expired license for a while. Thank you to all of the asshat terrorist and illegals for making this absolutely miserable.

Tony

Staff member
Maybe they either raised it, or it is different for a class D license. I carry a class A.

Tony

Staff member
I don't know about special. It's just a CDL (Commercial Drivers License). Just allows me to drive anything on the road that is massive, slow, has air brakes and not hydraulic, anything with a tank on the back, or pull multiple trailers (wiggle wagons). Had it for over 15 years, don't really want it but just can't bring myself to get rid of it.

Tony

Staff member
Yea, that is why I'm keeping it. But they are making it harder and harder to keep it if you are not using it. Used to be, if your medical card lapsed, they would suspend your license. I'm not sure what is the deal now. Guess we will find out in a few weeks when I get the new papers in to continue with this little hell hole endeavor.

Tony

Staff member
I remember hearing something about them raising that limit a while back, but not sure if they ever did anything with it.

Tony

Staff member
So here was the deal yesterday. I went into the DPS to renew my license, and in order to do so, you need your old license, proof of residence and your birth certificate. So I brought my old license obviously, my electric bill and my birth certificate. I received my number and I sat down and waited. Over 3 hours I waited. Finally, I get called in and I go up there and show them my license, my electric bill and my birth certificate. His exact words... "You are going to hate me for telling you this, but there is no gender on your birth certificate".

I had to submit for a new birth certificate back in 1995, and that was the date that was on the certificate. I looked at the DPS guy and with a perfectly straight face I said "looks like Indiana was ahead of their time in 1995, I identify as a Male". Apparently everyone in there thought that was just hilarious because everyone started laughing. But the DPS worker still would not do anything because there was no gender on the certificate.

So I came home and started the application process for a new certificate. Guess what, one of their required forms was a photo ID with my current shipping address. My license had my old address on it so I could not use it. So I had to get other documents in order to fulfill the request. But get this, after all of that was submitted, I was told it would be 14-21 days before they would fill my request. That is 2 to 3 weeks WITHOUT a license. This is why I was pissed, that and the fact that the same DPS office renewed my license 4 years ago with the same birth certificate....

Being that pissed, I started thinking of ways to keep my license current. There are 3 other DPS offices around here, one in OKC which there is NO WAY IN HELL I'm going to. There is another one in Ada Oklahoma, but really don't want to drive on those horrible roads. And one in Chickasha Oklahoma. I talked to the wife and decided to make the hour long drive down there.

I got up early, took my daughter to the bus stop and headed that way with my license, my electric bill and the same birth certificate. I get there, and there are 2 people ahead of me and I was called in there in about 10 minutes. Screw the Norman DPS! I get up there and hand him all of the paper work and he says he needs another proof of residence. My electric bill goes to my P.O. box, but it clearly states on there my home address where I hold service. What it is lacking is the city and state.

At this point I'm about ready to give up because there is no way I'm driving all the way back to my house. I asked him if I could pull up this info on my phone to prove where i live and he says no. Asshat! Then he chimes up "do you own your car?". Um, yes I do, wait, no I stole it so I could come here.... He says, "you can go down to the tag agency and get the registration for the car to prove where you live". I said okay, grabbed all of my papers and walked out.

The issue with this is, I use my P.O. Box on that one as well... I about drove to the house but decided to head to the tag agency anyway just to see. I gave her my insurance card which had my V.I.N number on it and she looked it up. Sure enough, there was the P.O. Box... I told her that I really needed to have my physical address on there and she was like "well if we do that then I would have to change it, print it out, and then change it back again so that you can still receive these in the mail". I looked at her and said "no you don't, I receive mail at my house, but I didn't when I purchased the car". So $2.00 later, I had the paper they needed.

I get back to the DPS and take yet another number. About 10 minutes later I get called in there, everything is fine and I fill out the paper. All of this with the same birth certificate that I tried to use in Norman. But then he says "we will have to wait for the other examiner to get back so that he can sign the document". The renewal paper has to have two signatures on it. So I go back out and wait in the lobby for this guy to get back. 20 minutes later I get called back in there and the guy says "the other examiner is at the tag agency trying to renew his license and it is taking longer than expected. The I.D. printer is down". Son of a............

So I try to sit back in the lobby but two separate couples come in that I would swear have not seen a bar of soap since the last time I renewed my license. The smell was horrible. So I asked if I could just wait in the testing area and he says yes.

While I was in there, one of the rather large kids that stank to high heaven was called while I was in there and every question the DPS guy asked him, his response was "I don't know". He asked what county he lived in and again "I don't know". So the kid went to ask his dad or whoever where they lived (lmmfao) and the DPS worker looked at me and just rolled his eyes lmao.

About 10 minutes later the other worker shows up and I immediately get my papers signed and it was back to the tag agency where everything else went off without a hitch. Drove back home on some good ole country roads in the Z and here I am.

What a bunch of horse s*** that I had to go through just to get a friggin license renewed. So I said it before, and I will say it again, screw you illegals and terrorist that have made this country the way it is!

ChopDrifter

nahh dude it's not the illegals or terrorist, it's bureaucratic bs at it's finest. It's happening everywhere, and a lot of countries are copying the USA style wth??? Bring back the good ole days where everything was much simpler.

Admiral

They wouldn't be game to do it to the illegals in OZ, they are too worried about being accused of being racist, they save that special treatment for the Aussies

ChopDrifter

Isn't the OZ politicians trying to send all the illegals to the USA? Typical politicians handballing the problem to someone else less fortunate. wth. Again bureaucratic bs at it's finest.

I think i'll move on from this thread. it's too political. I'm here for RC. See you in the other thread guys.

Top Bottom