I did it, Kinda, lol

Tony

Staff member
That was a great first flight! One thing that I noticed was on the second lift off, the tail was not pointing towards you. Trust me, keep the helicopter tail in, it will be much easier.

Also, please refrain from putting "..." in the title of a thread. When you do, the forum puts a "%85" in teh URL and we end up getting a 406 error out of it. I have edited the title to cure this issue.

teleman

Thanks Tony for correcting the title . My bad…lol…
Yup it was cold and my hands shaking like crazy but I did get her off the ground. I wanted to get out around noon but that didn't happen and it was getting to dark to see, so i thought it was best to call it a night.
Im have plans to get out this weekend and go spend more time at it. Murankar i wish i was back in the south right now.
Thanks Guys

teleman

also If I get a really awesome flight this weekend and have video do I put it on this thread or a new one ? Just a thought.

Tony

Staff member
If you want to create a new thread, you can. Or, you can keep a thread for yourself that is kind of a flight log with all of your flights in it. it's pretty cool when a year from now, you can come back and watch yoru first flights.

Derek

That was a really great start, teleman! Well done! Take your time and progress at your own pace. Have fun with it!

murankar

Staff member
we are in the low 30s right now and expected to hit the mid to upper 20s tonight. Just up load your videos to youtube then past the link into your thread/post.

teleman

Thanks guys for all the encouragement . I'm hooked bad on this Rc helicopter thing. After my first liftoff I now know what to expect so I had to get out today and try again. Im having loads of fun with this and have a new video for you… Only its a short clip because I'm not ready for the wind that we are having right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

EyeStation

Good Job Teleman. Yeah winds are a churning here in the Midwest.
I am impressed there was a minimal amount of radio movement. My first flights, (and still now), I would find my controller all the way at my right hip trying to stay in control.
Big move tossing the training wheels too.
Welcome to the addiction. Glad the Mrs is enjoying the hobby with you too.
djb

Tony

Staff member
You wouldn't have known that it was that windy by the flight, great job. Usually the wing will not push you around side to side, fore and aft, but it will cause what is called "translational lift" which will make the helicopter go up and down like a yo-yo. The fact that your helicopter wasn't doing that shows that you are moving right along

:thumbsup:

murankar

Staff member
Dude you got this, just keep getting out and practice. Just wait till you get to side I'm and forward flight that's when it will get more fun.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

teleman

Thought I just posted a reply but I did something wrong…haha… Any how, what Im really enjoying is the forum. Lots of info and all of you have been very inspiring and encouraging . Thanks guys… I do have a sim and Im on it every day. Also I hover a Blade Nano cpx in the house. Nothing fancy just hover and fast turn arounds and try not to hit the " wife " as she reads or watches TV…haha… The Trex 450 , even though its not all that big it sure seemed so on that first hover…

Tony

Staff member
I can assure you this, if you get the helicopter tangled in her hair, you will forever be kicked out of your hobby lmao.

teleman

Yup…But she's gotten pretty good at ducking when it gets close. and its amazing how she don't even lose her spot in the book…

Tony

Staff member
I used to take my mSR and hover right over my wifes head when she was lost in a book. Would scare the crap out of her lmao. Miss those days lmao.

Top Bottom