700 I Did It Again

Geena

Staff member
Well... I managed to put another helicopter in over the weekend, at WATT Fest 2020 in Riverview, Florida. This time, it was not a rekit. But it was my GAUI X7FZ.

Not too much damage though, and it will be back up and going again... soon after GAUI sends me the parts I need. The crash claimed one lower frame side, the landing gear (just the pipes) landing gear mounts, a couple of links, and the main blades.

I guess that`s what happens when ya fly too hard, too close to the planet... :lmao:

IMG_0670.jpg IMG_0671.jpg

Geena

Staff member
Oh yes. It`s nothing but a scratch, and will buff right out. The parts are on their way from GAUI as we type. I`ll have flying again in a few days. No biggie...it`s just a helicopter, and this is the price you pay for flying low and hard. :)

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Oh wow Geena, not again. Flying low and hard is a little ruff on a bird if mother earth decides to fart :). You'll be up and flying in know time.

Geena

Staff member
Oh wow Geena, not again. Flying low and hard is a little ruff on a bird if mother earth decides to fart :). You'll be up and flying in know time.
Just a few days. GAUI has already shipped the parts I need. I`m at the mercy of shipping company now....LOL

RandyDSok

Not really. This one is not a rekit. Hahahahahaha.

True dat... :)

Seriously, it's actually amazing that you and your peers don't wreck more often than you actually do considering how close to the edge you all fly. May your flying and rekits, always stay low...

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I wasn't going to do this but I have to man up and join in on this topic :facepalm: I was trying to flying backwards butwas to low and thumb thumbs cause this batch_IMG_1028.JPG Minor damage here too but it's my first crash with my 550 :waa: Oh well, it's the first and sure it won't be the last :yikes:

Tony

Staff member
Ivan, that's not good. I remembering practicing reverse flight in the sim and it took forever to get the hang of it. I did try it with real helicopters and I never crashed, but to say I was going slow is an understatement lol. Well, except with the Align 150x.... Yea, that one I tossed around lol. Suck about the crash though!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I flew backward on the sim before. I flew IRL backward with the 450 but so-so. I figure to try it out with the 550. Oh well... more practice :bellyroll: I finally stopped crying and got the nerve to take the 550 part :eek: As hard the tail dug into mother earth backward, I didn't bent the tail shaft or main shaft but had to break the tail boom in half and use needle nose to open the inside of the boom in order to get the belt out. Beside needing a tail boom, main gear and both main/tail blades, I got away cheap... this time :). Here's a pic of the boom after operation lol batch_IMG_1033.JPG

Tony

Staff member
May want to replace the tail belt just to be safe. But still, definitely got off easy on this one!

Geena

Staff member
My X7FZ is back together and ready to fly now. It would have been ready sooner, but I went to the field this morning, and didn`t get home til about 3PM....Hahaha. I also got my X3L back in the air. There was nothing wrong with the X3L, except having a brand of servo that I`m not allowed to fly anymore. But I`m going to take both to the field tomorrow, to make sure they are good to go for the helicopter event next weekend.

IMG_0695.jpgIMG_0697.jpg

Top Bottom