700 I Did It Again

Geena

Staff member
Not allowed to fly a servo anymore... Gotta love having sponsors...
LOL... being sponsored has a few minor disadvantages. But it`s mostly all good. Besides, I love the servos I`m flying now. (Xpert) I started flying them a year or so before they picked me up.

Tony

Staff member
Yea, I have heard you speak highly for the Xpert servos. I may need to check them out for my next build. When ever that may be hahaha

Geena

Staff member
Yea, I have heard you speak highly for the Xpert servos. I may need to check them out for my next build. When ever that may be hahaha
I really like the KD1s. But the R2s are really good too. I have KD1s on all of my large helicopters and Cl-2401s on the X3L. The KD1s and R2s have detachable leads, that make it easy to remove the servo without having to disturb the wiring. All of them have over current protection, over temperature protection, and operating frequency up to 400 Hz.

Geena

Staff member
Right..... So I got to the field this morning, to test fly the X7FZ after the rebuild. Get the battery charged, do my preflight inspections, and go ahead and plug it in. No power to the receiver. The BEC in the speed control is shot. So I have to send it to Georges, to have his guys repair it. I decided to try something new though. I ordered one of the new Kontronik Cool 170 HVi speed controls. It has Jeti telemetry integration and a better governor than the Tribunus 200, so I`m going to give it a shot and see how I like it.

Tony

Staff member
So the crash initiated an over current situation as well? Were you right on the edge of what the BEC could handle? Just curious as to why it killed the BEC...

Geena

Staff member
So the crash initiated an over current situation as well? Were you right on the edge of what the BEC could handle? Just curious as to why it killed the BEC...
Yeah, I was riding it pretty hard. But it could have been anything that caused the BEC to go out. It may have just been it`s time... I don`t know. This is the 3rd Tribunus I have had fail though. Time to give German technology a shot now.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Kontronik, I have a friend who keeps wanting me to try them. He says for scale they have the best slow start in the industry. But the $$$ is just crazy. Definitely let us know how you like them if you try...

Geena

Staff member
Kontronik, I have a friend who keeps wanting me to try them. He says for scale they have the best slow start in the industry. But the $$$ is just crazy. Definitely let us know how you like them if you try...
I`m definitely not going to be using it in a scale helicopter, but I`ll be using the slow start. The governor, and Jeti telemetry is what I`m after though. Not to mention the reliability and warranty. Yes, they are expensive. But several of my friends have told me I`ll never look back, once I try one. So....we`ll see if they`re right, in a few days.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Geena that’s funny, that’s exactly what he keeps telling me as well... I’ll never buy another ESC

Geena

Staff member
O-boy....O-boy.... My speed control is on the truck, and out for delivery. I had to take the day off work to wait for UPS, because it has to be signed for. But that`s what P.T.O. is for....LOL.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
O-boy....O-boy.... My speed control is on the truck, and out for delivery. I had to take the day off work to wait for UPS, because it has to be signed for. But that`s what P.T.O. is for....LOL.

I here you Geena. If you don't use P.T.O...you'll lose it.

Top Bottom