ESC HW 100A ESC v3 setting

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there. I just installed this esc on 500 and updated to the new version. I have everything set to default accept gov mode. I changed the mode from "ELF" to Store" and BEC was changed to 8.4 voltage. I using KST 515 servos all around with a Typhoon motor "HK". So, All I have to do is set the gov and that should be it ? Also, do I have to use the fan that came with that esc? I didn't order the esc with the fan unless both HW 100A ESC comes with it, I don't know but I have one. Any suggestion would be appreciated. BTW I couldn't fine a decent place to mount this esc without being a hassle to get to the esc PC/Box connection. I ended up mounting the ESC on the side of the heli. My other choice was underneath. Any ideas? Thanks and Happy Holidays :smile:

heli-maniac

I just got one of these for my 550 yes they come with a fan. if the esc gets to hot you can put the fan on it . I cant wait to get it put on my 550 and get it back in the air
would think the 100a would be a little big for a 500 .

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I just got one of these for my 550 yes they come with a fan. if the esc gets to hot you can put the fan on it . I cant wait to get it put on my 550 and get it back in the air
would think the 100a would be a little big for a 500 .

Hey super bad, been awhile. Yeah, your going to love that esc. According to the specs, that esc is good for 480/550 helis. The 100A was also cheaper then the 80A by $25.00 so for the price I went with the 100A. I haven't needed the fan yet but hopefully tomorrow will be the test. First day of winter, it's going to be around 83 degrees and I'll have the baseball playing field to my self at the park. What more can you ask for :biggrin1: Don't ask!

heli-maniac

Well have fun with it . I crashed my 550 a few months ago do to the yep 100a shorting out and failing . So I have been doing a slow rebuild on it the esc was the last part
now to get fitted and rewired .

Smoggie

As far as mounting and getting to the programming port: You can add a standard servo extension lead to the port if the ESC is hard to access.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
As far as mounting and getting to the programming port: You can add a standard servo extension lead to the port if the ESC is hard to access.

Hey there Smoggie. Thanks for that idea. I like it now I can mount the esc inside of frame instead of outside the frame :biggrin1:

Smoggie

Hey there Smoggie. Thanks for that idea. I like it now I can mount the esc inside of frame instead of outside the frame :biggrin1:

Glad it was of help, you can also use a Y lead in you want to wire up the fan and keep a programming connection free.

Top Bottom