Howdy Boys ( girls?)

Wreck-a-copter

Howdy!

I'm new hereabouts. Got suckered into loving helicopters last Christmas with a little Syma. I couldn't believe how they ever packed so much technology into a 20 dollar toy. So I tried to learn to fly it, and had to get four more and keep them charged so's I could get in a serious practice session. Well, I got pretty smug with how well this 69 year old man could still work his hand/eye coordination and I knew I had to move on up the scale. First mistake was staying with those wicked 3 channel helis and the 4 bladed business. So I bought a couple of bigger ones and flew them alright. Then I kind of moved into a Blade 120SR. WOA! I have to hand it to Horizon. That was one helicopter that could take a crash.
And I'll tell you another thing about being old and learning new tricks. When you spend hours a day getting your fingers to respond to movements automatically, Well, just try to UNlearn that and learn something else. For a while I thought it would be impossible. And I crashed that heli so many times it used to shrink back every time I took it out of the box. It still works, and I like getting it out and flying it for company, where I can buzz it around the back yard. If there's not much of a breeze. I also got a MQx and really liked it. I didn't have to chase it's nose around to get it here and there. Every time I tried to direct it, like carrying a little camera, I crashed it. Another piece of praise for Blade products: I dunked that little quad in my fish pond out on the patio, THREE times. Completely submerged once! Each time, a dash for the hair dryer and keeping all the moving parts moving till they dried completely. A drop or two of sewing machine oil, and it flew again. Only recently after a crash the ESC stopped functioning properly. I don't think I'll replace it for a while. Because I moved up. To CP Pro's. In fact, watching the Ebay sales of them showed me a market opportunity, and so now I'm starting up a little business. More fun than a box full of puppies!
Anyway, I got my first Lotus T380 quad from Ali Shanmao hisself. And a DX6i and loved to fly that. But I couldn't steer it around by it's front, cause I just couldn't shake that old Syma disease, I calls it. Syma Disease. So I crashed it lots and learned a whole lot that someone should have mentioned.

So I still have a problem with that that I intend to discuss (I hope) with someone smarter than me in the proper forum.
Anyway, after crashing enough CP pro helis, to have picked up the handle "Wreck-a-copter" and kind of like it. What did I learn from CP pro's? I needed one of them thar flight stimulators. And I got one and am totally amazed with what three hours a day can do for your old man not being able to unlearn a new trick and replace it with another. I'm a long way from being proficient, or even good, or even better than pretty sad, but I can see the growth and know with certainty that If I live long enough, they'll be calling me CP pro Jo!

I guess that's about enough of an introduction. You could, if you were wanting to, I suppose, go take a look at my UTube page, and see what I do with my spare time. I do camera work and music in the after noons and disassemble and part out helicopters, watch the auctions, and take the best parts, and a few new ones to make a Helicopter that's better than new.

So a big Howdy to you all. I'm glad I found you and hope to get some aid with some problems and maybe offer some advise too.

Most folks here in Arizona call Me WYOMING. Like it's become my name, so you all can call me that too, if'n ya likes.

Warmest regards,

Wyoming

- - - Updated - - -

OOOOps! Fergot the Utube channel. It's MrEkimnosreip s channel.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Great to have you around sir!! :) :) you'll get all the help you need here :)
And I will look you up on YouTube. :) I am coolgabsi on YouTube too. So you'll probably see me lurking around here and there ;)
Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Lee

Hi Wyoming. Nice to have you onboard. Well you've certainly had some action with those helis of yours. Your house must look like a heli graveyard.
Anything you need to know is here and any help you need just let us know. we are a very friendly bunch.
All the best Lee

Wreck-a-copter

It's Phoenix v4. It's so real it's amazing! Real in every way but one. When it crashes, three things never break. The canopy, the tail boom and the landing skids. The landing skids come off and roll around on the ground. I think it was a bit of humor from the guy who invented it. But I can finally fly figure eights and steer it back and forth only using the cycllics, no rudder. Gotta keep it way high up so you can catch it before it hits the ground. I haven't found any use for being able to do that but I wonder if airplanes can do that, fly without a rudder.

Thanks for the welcome.

Tony

Staff member
:welcome1:

Planes can fly without rudder input, but not without a rudder. It's known as "Bank-N-Yank".

wolfman76

welcome to the rc-help family wyoming glad to have ya... i also have phoenix what name do you use and when do you normally fly on there???

Wreck-a-copter

welcome to the rc-help family wyoming glad to have ya... i also have phoenix what name do you use and when do you normally fly on there???

Thanks for the welcome Kyle. Hmmm. You present something new to me. I was so determined and single minded about what I am doing, I didn't know you could fly "on" --somewhere.
I just installed it (fortunately I had a PC in the house) and found my model helicopter and started practicing. It was a week or so before I even looked at the menus. I have "flown" at four sites however. It seems like I fall into a practice pattern at a site and keep doing the same flight pattern, so If I change sites, it's easier to do something else. Go a different way, and lots of new places to poke around and crash into. But you talk like as if one can go fly where others are too? Like, there are two helicopters or airplanes on the same screen?
Please forgive my naïvety , I am just blown away by what is technologically possible. Not enough time spent investigating such things. I"ll certainly look into it tho and let you know.
Be seeing you,
Wyoming

Top Bottom