Spektrum How to slow my controles?

mkharrell

My very first glider, now 4 weeks old "Radian Pro". My dad said I can use his DX6i while he is deployed, but I don't know how to make the sticks react slower to the airplain,, like the elevator... Can someone give me step by step on how to do this..

thank you

Tony

Staff member
The best thing to do is put in some Expo. Click the wheel and go down to #2 DR/Expo. In there, flip the DR switch on the Tx to select the position you want, and enter in 70% DR and +40% Expo. Make sure you are using positive expo and not negative. That should soften up the feel of the plane quite a bit. You will have to do this for each control surface and for each position of the switches. I always put low rates on 0 and high rates on 1. Hope this helps.

mkharrell

The best thing to do is put in some Expo. Click the wheel and go down to #2 DR/Expo. In there, flip the DR switch on the Tx to select the position you want, and enter in 70% DR and +40% Expo. Make sure you are using positive expo and not negative. That should soften up the feel of the plane quite a bit. You will have to do this for each control surface and for each position of the switches. I always put low rates on 0 and high rates on 1. Hope this helps.

What does DR mean and what is meant by low and high rates?

Tony

Staff member
First question is first, have you watched the DX6i videos that I made a couple years ago? If not, they are a little more boring than my videos today (just started then lol) but they will help you out a lot in learning what all of this is.

DR stands for Dual Rate, meaning you can set one position of the switch for a low rate or movement and the other for high. Rates low and high just means the amount of throw on the control surfaces. More throw, higher rates. Less throw, low rates.

To watch the videos on the DX6i, click on Articles just below the site logo and in the left side of the page click on DX6i in the menu. That will open up more menu's from explaining the Tx to doing a full setup with a 450 size helicopter from start to finish. Watch the videos if you have not done so yet. They will teach you a lot if you are just getting into this tx.

mkharrell

So I can pick on of the switches that I don't use,,, (any switch) and have one position of the switch for low rates which allows for very little input and then be able to switch that switch over to high rate which is what I want which means it would take more input to move the elevator? The elevator is the ONLY thing I want to change. Is this all correct?

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately you can't "choose" the switch, you will have to use the "ELE" switch. I think it's on the left side of the Tx but don't quote me lol. In the DR/Expo menu you will put this in the Ele menu and set the rates where you want them. Then when you flip that switch it will change the throw on the elevator.

mkharrell

Unfortunately you can't "choose" the switch, you will have to use the "ELE" switch. I think it's on the left side of the Tx but don't quote me lol. In the DR/Expo menu you will put this in the Ele menu and set the rates where you want them. Then when you flip that switch it will change the throw on the elevator.

I will try this first thing in the morning. Thank you very much for your time Tony. I will shoot you a PM and let you know how it went.......

Tony

Staff member
Please post it here in the forum. Things like this can help many people down the road that do a search on it. And it's my pleasure to help out, that's what we are here for ;) Anything else just ask.

mkharrell

Well you were dead on.... Not only did I slow the elevator but I increased the rudder and ailerons... Can not thank you enough... This has drasticly increased my learning curve and now I have better controle of my Radian Pro. Thank You Very Much.....

Tony

Staff member
My pleasure! If there is anything else we can help you with, you know where to find us. We are always here :biggrin1:

Top Bottom