How To Sleeve Your Wires

wolfman76

hey tony does the place you get your mesh from only have black or do they have other colors??? and also it does'nt say how much you get of each or does it later after you add it to the cart???

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Black is the only ones that I know of. And there is a foot rating in teh discription. Or should be.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
That looks like some colors there lol. The wrap I used from my LHS was black with green speckles in it.

Lee

The ones i got were M6 size. I can fit two servo leads down one piece no probs.

- - - Updated - - -

You can use smaller 4mm is fine. And to make it easy to put on a servo wire, I take off the plug by sliding the pins out of the housing, then replacing it once they are through.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, your exactly right. I thought I posted that but I guess I forgot or it was removed when we moved servers. Thanks for posting that up! :thumbsup:

wolfman76

here you go guys i just found this site for the sleeving in all kinds of colors and pricers are by the footand diff thicknesses also hope this helps some of us out....
Color PET Expandable Braided Sleeving – Resists Moisture and Abrasion
they even have some that are multiple colors in one sleeving even clear have to scroll to bottom of the page to see those choices...
here is another decent site...
PET Expandable Braided Sleeving | Standard Protective Cable Sleeve
even has one called patriot which is red white and blue...

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
Never thought about using it on my wires. I have it on my dog tags. Plus it melts nicely to maintain a good fit.

Tony

Staff member
i'm sure if you have really sharp edges, anything would shred. This is one reason why the instruction manuals state to sand the edges with some wet/dry.

Top Bottom