General How to Setup the nano CPX on a Spektrum DX7

Shankaway

Question: In the owners manual of the Blade nano CPX for a Spektrum DX7 transmitter, the Rudder D/R & EXP for position '0' and position '1' show 'Inhibit' setting for EXP. The only settings I have are 'LIN' or values between +/- 1 to 100%.

Does anyone know how to set the Rudder EXP to Inhibit? Is LIN the same as INH?

Shankaway

I'm in the RUDD D/R & EXP setup. When I scroll down to EXP and try to change it, it only allows me to pick LIN or values between 1 and 100%. There is no option for INH?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Inhibit (inh) is same as linear.

Just means no expo one way or the other ;)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Lee

What he said :D LOL

- - - Updated - - -

What expo does is change the reaction of the servo either faster or slower around the whole range of the stick movement. Inh means its the same all the way from centre to the limits, so a straight line or "Linear" Lin
Hope this helps
Lee

Tony

Staff member
Sounds like these guys have you going. If you have any other issues, feel free to post up.

leedude1

Need help on the DX6 with the Nano CPX . Im trying to figure out the mixing instructions listed... they really do not represent what can be seen or changed on the DX6 screens and I have no idea what does GER-GER mean nor the 20% offset is to be programmed where? Im going to use this as my winter indoor 3D teacher/punishing tool ( + my simulator) and Im not even sure the "safe" feature is working at this stage.

Whatever help you can provide would be appreciated

murankar

Staff member
Use the DX8 or DX9 settings. More the DX9 since it is the same family of the DX6. Really all the numbers should be the same as the DX6i on any of the Specktrum radios. The only differences between the DX6i and DX6 is the scale used for the gains. The DX6 uses a 100 through -100 scale whereas the DX6i uses a 0 through 100 scale. I am not to sure on dual rates and expo but I think they should be the same.

Smoggie

I have no idea what does GER-GER mean nor the 20% offset is to be programmed where?

They are talking about setting up a mix, you will find what you look for if you open up one of the mixing menus. Mixing is something that confuses a lot of people so you are far from alone.

GER>GER means that you have mixed the gear channel back onto itself. Gear is the channel used for tail gyro gain so this must be talking about an option for adjusting tail gain. 20% offset means that when you activate the mix (from a switch that you define) the centre point of the channel is moved by 20% of it's travel, effectively increasing gain by 20%. I'm not sure why you would want to adjust tail gain in this way, on the DX6 you can simply set it to adjust off the flight mode switch without any mixing which is what I normally do. I'd need to see the whole setup to put it into context. With modern radios there are often a few different ways to achieve the same end result.

leedude1

Thanks in the manual itself it lists those settings ... in all radios from dx61 through to 18

Blade® Nano CP S BNF Micro Flybarless RC Helicopter | Horizon Hobby

I will try to post pictures of my DX6 mixing screens as my confusion lies in that I just don't understand where that setting/adjustment would need to be in the actual screen. Ive never really playing in the mixing either as with you I generally set gain differences to go with the flight modes.
I always like to start with the factory settings to see what they are and how they feel and move from there and seeing as how this is drawn into each set of radio instructions... my assumption is there should be some visible or functional difference or at least this is what they feel would be ideal, and as I mentioned is really not radio specific but applied to all DX versions.

your help is appreciated.

dx6 menu.jpg

Opened throttle menu 2.jpg

Top Bottom