450 How to remove my Flybar.

Nomen_Nescio

Hey guys,

I recently bought a CopterX Black angel heli. The first thing I did is de-assambel de heli.
Just to learn how it works.
But I've got one problem, I don't have a clu to remove my flybars.
and I'm verry carefull about pulling hard.

can you help me with this stupid question :p.

thanks!!

crashbash

Padels or the flybar, if its the paddles they should just unscrew but some have a little grub screw that will need to be loosened, the flybar is usually held in place by two grubscrews, loosen these off and the flybar should pull out. If any of the above has locktite on them ie grubscrews or the flybar this will make it hard to remove.

Regards Rob

Nomen_Nescio

Hey Rob.

The paddles where no problem but the flybar itself...
I did unscrew de grubscrews. I can rotate the bar but I can't get it out :s..

Thanks for the quick response

crashbash

I just checked the pdf manual for your heli, there should be two screws either side of the head right where the flybar passes through, fully remove these and the flanged bearing.
The manual states that threadlock should be used on these so it maybe that some has gotten on to the flybar.
Once these screws are removed the flybar should pull out, if it is tight try pulling it out with pliers taking care not to damage the flybar.

Rob

Last edited:

Lee

I've had a few flybars that were tough to get out, even after removing the grubscrews. Just try as Rob said. One time i actually had to remove the flybar cage to get it off. Try that if all else fails.

Tony

Staff member
If the bar will rotate, then I'm guessing the grub screws marred up the flybar causing it to get stuck in the bearings. In this case, pull a little harder. It will come out. Try it both ways.

Nomen_Nescio

Hi again. thank you all for your responses. It finally worked. I had to do like lee descriped. The grub screws was indeed stuck in the bearing. Thank you all. :distress:

Top Bottom