General How To Rebuild R/C Shocks

Tony

Staff member
I am putting this here because rebuilding shocks can span over cars, trucks, truggies, and anything else. In this video, I'm rebuilding the shocks on my T-Maxx. These shocks have bladders in them, but if I can get my hands on a set of standard shocks, i will do another video of how to bleed those.

If you have any questions, just let me know. I tried to cover everything in a shock rebuild in this video. Take a look and let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhRHSm49IlQ

Last edited:

Morelight

Fearless Freep
You know when someone has made a video right when you get to the end and didn't even realize it was 15 minutes, and you think to yourself, I want more.

Keep 'em coming Tony. I could watch these how to's you make all day. :respekt:

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Nice Tony! Can't wait to work on mine! Lol. I'll be home tomorrow working on her. Won't have the other springs till Monday though but oh we'll it will be running next weekend. I'll do video of what we talked about for everyone.

Tony

Staff member
Thanks guys. I tried to make this one as short as I could. The original video was over 25 minutes long, well about 45 minutes when you calculate unscrewing everything and getting things setup lol. I'm trying to keep the videos short and sweet, but with some like this, you just can't do it, and explain everything at the same time lmao. I have a lot more on this truck, I just have to get it edited and uploaded. Thanks for the comments guys.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I do not mind the lenth I just crave the info. Now if you posted a video of you driving that ws 15 minutes long then it would be a little boring unless it was a race with other trucks! Lol. But all in all i will attempt this tomorrow into Sunday. Depending apon when I get home.

I was told on anouther forum (traxxas fourm) that I might be able to unbolt the whole front and rear end of the truck off the main bulkhead. Instead of tearing the suspension apart. Then transfer them from truck to truck. Then switch around the pumpkins from front to back and vica versa cause they spin in the opposite direction.

Tony

Staff member
Yes, you can just unbolt the bulkheads with the diff's attached and swap them over. No need to mess with pins or anything. You will have to take the 4 screws out of the skid plate where they mount to the braces, but it's an easy swap and you will love it. Gives it a better stance as well.

Morelight

Fearless Freep
I do not mind the lenth I just crave the info. Now if you posted a video of you driving that ws 15 minutes long then it would be a little boring unless it was a race with other trucks! Lol. But all in all i will attempt this tomorrow into Sunday. Depending apon when I get home.

I was told on anouther forum (traxxas fourm) that I might be able to unbolt the whole front and rear end of the truck off the main bulkhead. Instead of tearing the suspension apart. Then transfer them from truck to truck. Then switch around the pumpkins from front to back and vica versa cause they spin in the opposite direction.

yeah Breeze thats what I'm talking about. 15 min of go Pro HD of Tony driving his camaro on the run from the cops with a trunk full of week and the back seat full of shine, on his way to an AMA weekend. The weed and shine to pay for a new Goblin and other assorted treats??

Morelight

Fearless Freep
I guess i'm getting what seems a little punchy last 2 days, but in my defense sort of: no cigs or booze the last week. lots of candy and coffee. can fly fff in a flight sim now and doing some basic 3D. my mcPX never made it from Edmonton so now I can't fly this weekend... can't wait though

Morelight

Fearless Freep
Isn't the shine sapposed to be in the trunk! Lol ha haha ha!

well it would probably help c of g in the car, cause I think Tony is a big fella and more importantly : any cop in the USA is going to draw down on you if they see weed in the back seat , lmfao. but if say the AMA weekend was down south in moonshine country, maybe not so much grief, since it is a cultural activity and the reason for Nascar.

I have a lot of respect for Nascar drivers and teams.... that is by the seat driving in a 200mph pile of guys trying to beat your ass Texas style. try that in Formula 1.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
well it would probably help c of g in the car, cause I think Tony is a big fella and more importantly : any cop in the USA is going to draw down on you if they see weed in the back seat , lmfao. but if say the AMA weekend was down south in moonshine country, maybe not so much grief, since it is a cultural activity and the reason for Nascar.

I have a lot of respect for Nascar drivers and teams.... that is by the seat driving in a 200mph pile of guys trying to beat your ass Texas style. try that in Formula 1.

Formula 1? They done do shine! There wineos! Ha ha lol

Morelight

Fearless Freep
that was my fault... ok back to the thread... are there multiple oil products you need to run and maintain these types of nitro vehicles? so far I've seen shock oil, transmission oil and fuel oil?

Tony

Staff member
Shock oil has many different weights. Diff's and transmissions use oil if they are sealed. I have seen from 500 weight to 20 thousand weight to adjust the front rear bias the way they want. Fuel oil is a whole different story. You want 10-15% in aircraft, but about 18% in ground pounders. Lots of info to get on here lmao.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I'm using Traxxas 20% fuel in mine. Tony you got to do a diff video case I have to split one open and clean it out.

Tony

Staff member
I have already taken the video of the diff rebuild, I just have to edit it and get it uploaded.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Cool! I know my spare diff feel a little gritty. If I use the e maxx diffs they might feel the same when I take them out.

Ps do you know if they are the same geer ratio?

Top Bottom