HOW TO PHOENIXRC - Westy Style!

Westy

LEGEND
Hey guys and gals...

here is a playlist (Thanks to Tony for giving me the idea!)
[video]http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqagIrU4ukVCHKkuLTe1NU4ov02q6c3QP&f eature=mh_lolz[/video]

And for you guys that do not want to watch the whole playlist..... here they are individually.... I will add more as they come into my head.

Last edited by a moderator:

BOKI

Westy Can't get wireless to work! I can't get a controller to set up in Windows 7 Pro there shows no game controller ! went to games under start got it & it said none ! Won't let me type one in! Dave

Last edited:

Westy

LEGEND
really? got a photo of the Sim controller? Is it this one? 24613.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

really? got a photo of the Sim controller? Is it this one? 24613.jpg

24613.jpg

BOKI

Got the wireless bind a a AR 8000 that came with my DX 8 flashes green & turn on transmitter & receiver goes red solid Ok Can't get get controller in start! Says none! Isn't listed in windows 7 ! Have to go to Microsoft games comes up empty says none ! won't let me type PPM & make a controller! Dave

Westy

LEGEND
ok ...

have you got your switches lined up correctly?

wireless and Phoenix RC?

if so ... you have to turn on you Tx and then power up your Wireless setup.

open up phoenix and power up your RX .... then you should see your green light flash about once a second...... set up and callibrate and you are good to go.

I run mine in Windows 7 fine.

BOKI

No controller in 7 its under printer when you start it up & plug it in transmitter! Won't let you type PPM & make a controller ! Box says none & can't type in it! that's where I am at now!

BOKI

Westy; I tried unless I'm not doing something wrong the Helicopter just Flips on its Side & Crashes ! Never did any disabling mixing or anything on my DX8! Really don't know much about my transmitter ! I've not done much with it but I'm just new at it ! A guy I met flew Synergy & he set my Trex 450 SE V2 up with my DX 8 last summer! So I really only done a only few things with it on the menu! The Hobby King Wireless Flashes Green & the Ar8000 receiver binds solid red & the also! So its got me! Dave

Last edited:

Westy

LEGEND
well it is working fine then .... if it is flashing green every second.

you need to go into phoenix and set up a new controller...... this will be a custom one you can call DX8 Wireless... if you want I can do a video on how to do it ....

good luck

BOKI

Westy ; I set up a controller called DX 8 Wireless & then I went in & calibrated it ! The Helicopter would just roll over & crash! I'm sorta stuck ! Never got the game controller set where it says none! I have two plane controllers & when I plug them in & start Combat simulator & go into controls in the program the controller box comes up & shows both of them! But I hook up the wireless it shows nothing! Just says none! Just tried it again & it says transmitter not connected does not Recognize it ! The wireless is flashing green & the receiver 2 red lights solid ! Dave

Last edited:

Westy

LEGEND
I will do a video and see if that helps.

uploading now ....

Last edited by a moderator:

BOKI

Westy; I still can't get it to calibrate correctly! appreciate all your help! Don't know what the problem is! Thanks Dave

Last edited:

Westy

LEGEND
have you gone into the SYSTEM> Your Controls

and made sure you have got the new Tx you have set up as the one that is operating?

BOKI

Westy; I went in & called it Spektrum DX8 Wirless! Then I go to my transmitter & Center the Sticks & do a complete circle with both Sticks & then move throttle up & down & it won't calibrate! Rudder & elevator will ! Ail will also & I go into mapping & half of the controls wont map ! Under my cable hook up I can do everything & everything will Calibrate & Map ! I fly Heli #2 on the cable hook up & it will fly great! The wireless in my transmitter I call it 04 Phoenix! Sure appreciate the help! Sorta got me stumped ! My light flashes Green & I have 2 solid Red! It will sit with throttle wide open or flip over & crash! Thanks for you help Dave

Last edited:

Westy

LEGEND
is the Spektrum DX8 Wireless Selected?

sounds like a mixing issue.

is the TX set up as single servo?

BOKI

Westy The TX is set up on single servo! But I never did anything with mixing! Spektrum Dx8 wireless Slected!

Tony

Staff member
Just make it easier on yourself and plug the wire into the back of it. Why mess with something that works perfectly? The RF6.5 DX8 files that I posted will work with the Phoenix simulator. Download them, plug the wire in and have a blast on the sim. Running the wireless will just kill your battery life.

Top Bottom