Spektrum How Do I Find Out What Generation My Tx Is?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there Hardway. Don't quote me but I don't think there's different generation of DX6i. The DX6 does, 1 & 2, but I think there's the DX6i, DX6e & DX6r for road/dirt vehicles. Mr Tony will know better then I but I.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yeah that backlight display will burns out. I think tony has a video how to change it out

Tony

Staff member
The DX6i actually never came with a backlight. The DX6 does though. I had a video up on how to install a backlight that I used to sell, but too many people hooking it up wrong and blowing up their Tx so I was forced to stop selling it.

There were two generations of DX6i though, both were exactly the same except the later versions had DSMX and the early versions only had DSM2.

Post up a picture of your Tx and that will give us an idea of what you have.

LearnTheHardway

mine is the later model im assuming because it says Dsmx on the right hand side of the display screen....i dont think i'll go as far as to install a backlight ....i was just curious when i saw video's of the dx6i with the backlight

Tony

Staff member
There are some people that used the kit that I used which is a very thin electroluminescent sheet and there are others that do heavy modification to the screen holder to put in one of the chinese backlight they use for another Tx. Can't remember the model of the other tx though. But I would say stick with what you have now until you get further in the hobby because your next Tx will have a backlight and some more options. I see a DX9 in your future lol.

Tony

Staff member
It will be the best investment (next to a simulator, seriously it will save you more money than it costs, no matter what you choose). I love my DX9 lol.

murankar

Staff member
Let us know when your ready to by a Tx. We will see if I am in the mood to sell. I have a DX6 with satellite sitting around. I just replaced 3 switches on it so it is back to almost new. Its been sent to Horizon Hobby for a repair. Something when a miss with the radio single module. I sent it in, they fixed it and I got it fixed and updated.

There is a post on here somewhere that I made in regrads to this issue.

Top Bottom