Hovering E Razor 450

Adam

Weird question, if your just hovering around just getting used to flying i set my timer on dx6i for ten minutes. Can you fly longer on a battery just hovering around cause there was still like 3.98v on each cell. Just keep testing it going farther or what is protocol. thanks

Tony

Staff member
You can go longer if you want. General rule of thumb is 3.7 volts per cell or when you recharge, 80% of your total mah. So if you have a 1000mah battery, you should't put anymore than 800mah back into it. I myself will run the little suckers until the low voltage protection kicks in and lands the heli for me, but it's pretty hard on the batteries.

Lee

As Tony said down to 3.7 is good. Just increase your flight by 30 seconds at a time until you get the magic number. If you have a good charger it will tell you how many Mah it put into your battery. this should never be more than 80% of the total capacity or the battery is being drained too much and won`t live very long.
I wouldn`t run them down until the Low voltage cutoff kicks in, reason is the heli looses power so you are landing whether you want to or not. And it really kills the batteries.

murankar

Staff member
and forced purchase. I have done that before I knew about the 3.7 limit with the 120sr and mcx. It was after about 5 cycles of batteries on the 120 sr that I found that out and stopped doing it.

Top Bottom