General Horizon Hobby Delta Ray with SAFE mode

Derek

Does anyone have any experience with planes that have the SAFE mode on it? My flying buddy just bought this Delta Ray with the SAFE mode and he has a DX6i tx. There are 3 flight modes (Beginner, Intermediate, and Experienced). How can all three modes be used with the DX6i and it's two position switches?

Derek

Hmmmm...not much help here! I guess it doesn't matter because the plane has already been crashed. This plane, in beginner mode, is suppose to be crash-proof. Well...my flying buddy isn't "always" the "brightest star in the sky", if you know what I mean. He takes his pretty new plane to a parking lot that has parking lot lights....instead of going to our usual flying field....he goes to a parking lot.....with parking lot lights....during broad day light. (can you see where this story is going yet?) He sends me a picture of the plane after it slams one of the parking lot lights. Massive damage to the left wing, broke the motor mount, and he can't find the front landing gear now.

Oh well. I hope he can find replacement parts.

Stambo

We do some crazy things in our haste to fly our new toys. :)
I flew a 450 heli in a room with about 2m square usable size once.
It was supposed to be RTF so I decided to charge the battery, spin it up and have a go.
After $80 worth of parts and some cut and bruised legs I decided it was a bad idea. :)

EyeStation

The manual states that only flight modes 0 and 2 can be accessed through the ch 5 two position switch of the DX6i. (Beginner and Experienced)
I thought there was another version of this HZ software that allowed you to set parameters other than 0 and 2 to the switch for Ch 5. Can't remember when I stumbled across that though.

DonRhone

The manual states that only flight modes 0 and 2 can be accessed through the ch 5 two position switch of the DX6i. (Beginner and Experienced)
I thought there was another version of this HZ software that allowed you to set parameters other than 0 and 2 to the switch for Ch 5. Can't remember when I stumbled across that though.

I also am interested in this plane and after checking the Horizon site have found that the RTF version of this plane is packaged with a DX4e radio which has a three position switch to access the various flight modes.

Horizon Hobby has updated the Spectrum DX4e radio, it used to have a two position switch and obviously was updated to match the 3 flight setttings for this plane.

Note also that the Spectrum DX6i had a number of 2 postion switches. Note the newest release the DX9 has mainly 3 postion switches so I assume it would be easily mapped to this plane.

Derek

Yeah, my buddy just bought the new DX6 transmitter. It has the 3 position switches and he is loving this plane. I've even gotten a few flights on it and this plane is really a good time. Flying in beginner mode is kinda cool. It takes a long time for the plane to complete a circuit because it will only bank 30 degrees and it's really not a speedy plane, but it's pretty cool! Intermediate mode is nice....the plane will bank a bit more but still won't roll or loop. Experienced mode is nice because the plane will now loop and roll and fly inverted. Hammerhead stall turns are pretty. I was flying inverted and pressed the Panic button.....the plane immediately rolled over, nice and flat, and had a slight angle of climb. Very nice feature. I put it back into beginner mode and began my landing approach...gradually letting down on the throttle and the plane lands itself. Very fun!!!

Top Bottom