General HoneyBee CP3

Desyb

Hi guys,

New to this site so a big hello from me and here goes with my first problem. I have a honeybee cp3 and had my first crash today. I though everything was ok until I tried to fit my battery and the blades started ritating. I powered off the tx and tried again and this still happened. Any pointers would be grateful.

Thank You

Lee

So with your radio on, at low throttle stick, you plugged the battery in, and the motor starts?

Lee

Try rebinding the TX to the RX.
(taken from the manual)

The bind button on the receiver can be accessed from the
front through battery compartment. Take out the rechargeable
battery.

Switch on the transmitter.
The LED indicator (7) on the transmitter will begin to blink
fast for approx 3 seconds. This means the transmitter is emitting
coding signals. After the 3 seconds, the indicator on the
transmitter will blink twice and then light up continuously.
Switch on the receiver and observe the status LED on the
receiver (8). It will blink once and then light up continuously.
When both indicators have lit up continuously, the bind is
established, and the control signals will be transmitted on the
common channel.

Desyb

Have tried that the motor still powers up. I have orderrd a new motor as im wondering if that is the fault

Lee

I don't know if you have the manual, but
heres another thing to try from it.

Functional check of the speed controller
Push the left remote control lever forward to start the electric
motor; the speed should be regulated continuously.
The motor should not start when the throttle lever is still
in the lowermost position (idle position)!
If required, rectify the idle position with the trimming lever on
the transmitter.
Move the remote control lever forward.
The rotating speed of the motor will increase continuously.

Desyb

Unfortunatley the blades spin even when the radio is not on as soon as i plug in the bty they start up. I will se what happens when this new motor comes in

Lee

If the motor is spinning, then I can't see why something would be wrong with it.
If anything, it would be the Speed controller at fault, or the Receiver.

Hope you get it sorted. :)

Tony

Staff member
Sorry for the wicked late reply. Have you tried plugging the helicopter in with the throttle all the way up? This "should" toss the ESC into program mode, but it may also let you know the throttle channel is reversed if the blades don't spin until you start to lower the throttle.

And do this with teh blades off the heli. Better safe than sorry.

If you have already gotten this sorted, let us know what the issue was. If not, we will continue to help you out when you need it!

Desyb

Thanks for your reply Tony. I will try that when I get in. I have ordered a new 4 in 1 as it smells like it's fried. I will let you know the outcome. Thanks again

Desyb

Hi Tony,

It was the 4 in 1 but was wondering if there was a website to go to so I can set them up. Thanks in advance. I have fitted another one and it is all working. Do you know anywhere where \i can get details on how to set up the pitch of the blades. I have bought myself a pitch guide

Tony

Staff member
Setting up the pitch should be the same as any other helicopter. I probably wouldn't use as much pitch, but you can get it close. What is it exactly you need help with on the setup?

Tony

Staff member
I sure wish I knew how to set this helicopter up. I have never played with one and I'm trying to download the manual, but the website is slower than my home internet lol.

If this were me, I would set the servos to 90 to the links if you can, level the swash, then fold the blades and get 0 pitch at mid stick with a linear pitch curve. Once that is done, set about 10º of pitch positive and negative. Once that is done, adjust your pitch curve (if you can) to 46 48 50 75 100 and you should be golden.

Again, sorry I can't help any further.

Top Bottom