Holy cow, that was a long day

callsign4223

Staff member
I have just managed to work 26 hours out of the last 33. Work 8, go home for 3, get called back in for another 9, go home and sleep for 2 and then work for 9 more. I won't lie, I was a little(lot) delirious by the time I got home. Anytime you think someone spinning in circles in a chair is funny, you have probably been awake WAYYYYYY too long.

murankar

Staff member
Thats all I do now. Well not that bad but close enough. I am out of the house almost 12 to 15 hours a day. All for a mear $35,000 a year. makes me wounder why I do it then I see Ol' glory and I say that's why!!!!

callsign4223

Staff member
The worst part is that it was mostly avoidable. What happened is that we took a lightening strike right on our building. It completely fried the phone system. We purchased a new phone system a year ago and have been trying to implement it since November but management keeps deciding it is a low priority and putting it on hold. If we had already implemented it, we might have had to replace the phone server and that's all. Now we have to implement a whole new phone SYSTEM, and do it on the fly as well. It has turned a project that was supposed to be a benefit and increase city morale into a headache and has everyone screaming because their phones don't work. I love the way that something that should be positive and make people happy can get twisted and become something so negative.

Tony

Staff member
Budget cuts bro. They can afford the equipment, but can't afford the labor to put it in. so it's a waste of money no matter how you look at it. NOW, they are paying people over time to put it in because everything went wrong. Gotta love politics. Oh wait, we don't talk politics on this forum hahahahaha.

Top Bottom