ESC Hobbywing Lcd Program Box

Tony

Staff member
Thanks to a member who shall remain nameless (they asked to remain anonymous) who I have been working on several helicopters for, we were donated the LCD box that we needed to complete the setup on the Goblin 380.

For those that don't know, the LCD program box for the HobbyWing ESC's is a super simple way of setting up your speed controller for cells, LVC, Governor, Rotation and many other settings. The ESC on the 380 has 14 menu's I think on this thing. So we should be able to dial this helicopter in pretty well.

So I would like to give a huge thanks to Anon for donating this program box to us! It is greatly appreciated!

Shall we complete the setup on the Goblin now?

Harford

I would echo your comments on the HW program box. It is also a great tool for upgrading ESC firmware, which I have just had to utilize.

Tony

Staff member
That is very true! And the fact that this one has a battery tester is just a bonus lol.

Admiral

I have the Turnigy LCD Program Box which appears to be a re-badged HW box or visa versa.

Cyclone 7

Agree with all that has been said - I bought one along side my Platinum 60A v4 and have been really impressed by it. Very user friendly and just by playing around with it, demystifies so much about how and why an ESC works the way it does. Fantastic value at what I think, is a very reasonable price indeed.

I would go so far as to say that it is one of those 'must have' items on the work bench for any HW ESC owner - handy for quickly checking out lipo status as well, as Tony has already mentioned.

Tony

Staff member
Yes sir, you are correct. And I have done just that on the 420 and will be doing it on the 380 and also on the 570.

Top Bottom