1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

ESC Hobbywing Lcd Program Box

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Tony, May 26, 2018.

< Servo Mods | Charging Nimh Packs >
  1. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    Thanks to a member who shall remain nameless (they asked to remain anonymous) who I have been working on several helicopters for, we were donated the LCD box that we needed to complete the setup on the Goblin 380.

For those that don't know, the LCD program box for the HobbyWing ESC's is a super simple way of setting up your speed controller for cells, LVC, Governor, Rotation and many other settings. The ESC on the 380 has 14 menu's I think on this thing. So we should be able to dial this helicopter in pretty well.

So I would like to give a huge thanks to Anon for donating this program box to us! It is greatly appreciated!

Shall we complete the setup on the Goblin now?

2. Harford

Harford I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Semi-Retired
    I would echo your comments on the HW program box. It is also a great tool for upgrading ESC firmware, which I have just had to utilize.

3. Tony

Blog Posts:
    That is very true! And the fact that this one has a battery tester is just a bonus lol.

4. Admiral

Admiral I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Information Technology (Retired)
    I have the Turnigy LCD Program Box which appears to be a re-badged HW box or visa versa.

5. Cyclone 7

Cyclone 7 Member

Blog Posts:
    Agree with all that has been said - I bought one along side my Platinum 60A v4 and have been really impressed by it. Very user friendly and just by playing around with it, demystifies so much about how and why an ESC works the way it does. Fantastic value at what I think, is a very reasonable price indeed.

I would go so far as to say that it is one of those 'must have' items on the work bench for any HW ESC owner - handy for quickly checking out lipo status as well, as Tony has already mentioned.

6. murankar

murankar Moderator Staff Member Armed Forces

Blog Posts:
    Soldier
    In case you did not know, the program box is ued to update the firmware to the esc also.

7. Tony

Blog Posts:
    Yes sir, you are correct. And I have done just that on the 420 and will be doing it on the 380 and also on the 570.

< Servo Mods | Charging Nimh Packs >